Ran MC and onyxia last weekend

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Biomechanoid, May 20, 2005.

1. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

it was a great run for my guild's 1st attempt. we gon onyxia down to 14% before the MT got booted by the server and we wiped :angry:

MC we *should* have gotten lucifron down. we had him at 3% and the MT lost aggro to some stupid mage, and because of our formation, lucifron ran right through our healers dropping of the AoE curse and magic debuff on all them, stomped on the mages (we died in about 5 seconds), then ran to our debuff removal area (warlocks and druids in a seperate formation) and proceeded to eat all the felhunters and druids.

all in all the runs were fun. onyxia is HARD at stage 3 because it's complete chaos. a real pain in the ass to keep her facing north and walking around the lava cracks, all the while having the whelpling squad running around squishing the spawns AND managing aggro.

MC was fairly straight forward on the way down. our leader grabbed a MC UI mod that has the timings of the wandering mobs listed telling te raid where they will be at certain times making our pulls much safer. a tip: don't use Arcane explosion or blastwave when taking down the zerging imps. flamestrike volley shot, blizzard, and hellfire won't draw aggro off the tanks, and us cloth AoErs shouldn't take any damage on the pull. oh, and the 5 corehounds that get pulled at once need to all die within 15 seconds of each other or else they will rez to full health- meaning tell your rogues to get the hell off and watch the fight while the tanks hold aggro and the AoE classes do thier thing. we had a wipe at that pull because some rogue thought he would help out.

2. hiphop4321

hiphop4321 New Member

What was the raid consisted of? Sucks that i have a 54 undead priest, 60 paladin and a 52 tauran warrior and never been to MC :/

3. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

Does your guild use ventrilo or any speech software? It makes a huge difference. We cleared all the way to domo in one night.

4. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

My guild took 22 of us, all first timers, and managed to take out the first 2 Molten Giants. But... the Fire Lord got us. Didn't have enought healing/DPS to get all of the spawns. Gutgore Ripper...one day it'll be mine.

5. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

We do, but we're a smaller guild, and our runs are about 25-30 players in guild and the rest pickup people. yes, most aggro problems we had were from the people not in guild and not on TS.

as to the person who did the 22 man attempt- with 22 people you can probably get to the 1st AoE pull if you have a solid DPS setup (4 rogues, 4mages), 6 priests, 4 tanks and 2 druids, but those imps will make you wipe for sure. the key to MC is holding aggro on the MT, and the MT keeping mobs facing the right way and in the right place (corehounds and AoE mobs this is a must to do)

Last edited: May 23, 2005
  6. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

we had 8 mages, 6 priests, 4 rogues, 9 warriors, 3 palladins, 3 warlocks, and 7 druids.

soul shards were a big issue with the 'locks becuase there were only about a dozen mobs or so on the way to lucifron, and even with them taking 30 shards in, they still ran out after our 3rd attempt on lucy (just got worse after our 1st attempt, 3%, 14%, and 35%)

oh, and we refuse to take anyone less than 60 into MC- we need the top tier spells to be sucessful in there.

7. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

Wow. I've been running MC now for a good 6 weeks now. Haven't gotten any felheart set items yet for my 60 warlock (fucking rigged dice i tell ya), though I just need my DM Mantle for my complete set.

Best breakdown by classes would be the following (for horde):

Number of Druids: 3
    Number of Hunters: 4
    Number of Mages: 6
    Number of Priests: 8
    Number of Rogues: 4
    Number of Shaman: 6
    Number of Warlocks: 4
    Number of Warriors: 5

I'm not sure if u can subsitude pallies/shamam cause I really dont give 2 fucks about alliance.

How the fuck do ur warlocks use up all 30 shards?!?! Only people who get HS are the tanks & 1 priest gets a SS. Felhunter out all the time for dispelling, not attacking. My guild (on Burning Blade) is able to roll from start to Luci (killing him) in 90 minutes.

Healing rotations > *.

8. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

We're getting better at MC now, we can get to magmadar in about 2 hours, but still are working on the 1st named boss "to the right" We think that we' need 4 'locks to take him down effectively, but they are harder to come by than priests.

and no, you can't interchange pallies for shammies. one of the newer strategies we've learned is to throw judgements on the mobs. with health and mana regenning on hits, our MTs don't use up as much mana from the priests, and our mages don't run out of mana as fast in the really long fights. only problem is we're still fighting with debuff slots as it's not all in guild, and so someone always throws up some kind of debuff that knocks off something useful.

We've had 2 mag runs without a single wipe, and 1 run with no deaths until luci (almost all in guild/allies). We haven't been back to onyxia as our raid organizers don't think she's worth the effort compared to MC.

also, have you noticed streaks in looting? most runs we won't see a single item drop (bosses aside) and then we'll see 5-7 epic drops in a row off trash (and still no blues or greens). a lot of our guild members are wondering if there isn't something really funky with the looting in MC.

9. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

We do it with three locks ost of the time.
    Your talking about Garr right?

What you need is alot of warroirs.

MT on Garr.

One Warror or Warlock on each add.
    Banish. Have Warlocks use thier pets to attack banished mob (helps to keep warlock from getting smashed when banish breaks)
    Kill the adds one by one. Have your melee disegage at about 20-30% and run to the next add to avoid the explode. Let yur ranged dps finish the job.
    Once the tank is free he runs to the banished add and helps keep it off the warlock and serves as backup incase the warlock dies.

Once your lef wit bainished mobs... kick the shit out of gar.
    Keep everyone away from the blast radius of the banished mobs cus garr will start to self destruct them once he his 30%

Sounds complexe buts its simple once everyone does thier part.

10. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?