SRS Ran into my ex after 4 or 5 months today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by killer4605, Jan 12, 2007.

1. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

was walkin out the dining hall and i see some guy that looks familiar... i'm like "hey wait isn't that tiffany's... " and bam, as soon as i walked around the corner i was face to face with her. she was laughing about something he had just said and stopped to look me in the eyes. she opened her mouth to say something and i kept walking as if she didn't even exist.

never thought i would reach the point of not caring, but i'll be damned. here i am.

btw haven't talked to her or seen her in 4 or 5 months now. excommunication ftw.

2. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

:h5: Way to go!

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have been able to keep walking and would have stopped :hs:

3. black cx

black cx New Member

4. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

As much as I would prefer a peaceful friendship with my ex, she wanted no communication.

And I think she was right on that call. Clinging on to a sinking ship is for the lose.

Eventually you stop giving a fuck. Which is for the better, if you keep caring for a long time it is going to hurt you.

6. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

i still care for her but now that i'm not as crazy about her as i was, it is easier to look back at everything that happened and how it has changed me and say "it was for the best. it made me a better person."

she had a really bad effect on me because i was head over heels in love with her and she didn't share the same level of committment. i honestly would've died for this girl. a week before she broke up with me i was actually looking for an engagement ring... i was serious about proposing to her. now i think back and it's all so distant.. so faint... almost like a dream. sometimes it feels like none of it ever happened.

the only problem i face now is after getting my heart throw in a wood chipper, i'm finding it extremely difficult to date (long term) anyone. i've gone out on a few dates since and felt no interest beyond sex with all of them. not sure if this is because i still have my guard up, because i'm just happier being single, or i haven't met the right one yet.

7. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

stopping would've been a bad idea with her boyfriend there. i'm sure he's still pissed that she cheated on him with me and even though i'm not out to fight him, if he started running his mouth i'm sure i would've said something (IE: oh hey sorry if she's too loose for you now. she was beggin for it all summer long.) that would have provoked him.

i have no problem with fighting or getting hit but i'm not about to risk losing my seat in pharmacy school for fighting on campus. not for that dumb hoe.

8. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

:h5: good job man! I broke up with my ex over a year ago and havent seen/talked to him since, but we live in the same fairly small city and its always a possibility. I'm 1/2 terrified I'll run into him sometime and not know what to do or say. I hope I can do what you did and just walk away.

9. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Your not going to want to be hurt again, so most likely your guard id up!

10. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

:wavey:

I'm sure when the day comes you'll know what to do.

This was my first gf, lay, kiss, date, and I honestly thought she was the one. Even transferred universities so we could be closer... a week after I get in she dumps me for that guy. Then she ends up sleeping with me damn near every day for the whole summer while still in a relationship with that guy (she and I live in the same state, he doesn't). The day we get back to school I didn't see her for a week straight... After that I pretty much told her I didn't want to be "friends" and cut her off. It sucked because she was the only person I knew here, but it had to be done for my sanity. So many suicidal thoughts during those days...

It was THE hardest thing i've ever had to do, but i'm very happy with my life at the moment (and I'm glad I had the strength to deal with it rather than take the easy road).

If you don't mind my asking, what broke the relationship with your ex?

11. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I would practically call that cheating. A girl at work once said I cheated on my boyfriend of three years. I am like well you could have phoned him or something, and she was like oh well I had feelings for this other guy and its not like I can phone him before I fuck him.

I laughed, but I really thought that was a horrible awnser.

When a relationship is coming to a close both parties involved should know. It is important to inquire as much as possible in the future with confidence behind your voice to demand to know what they are thinking. It is not hard to speak from deep within your chest to percieve a more in depth analogy to the situation in hand.

12. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

It was cheating... only I didn't care because she was cheating on him instead of me. Well I did care and told her to fess up or i'd let him know, but yeah, you're right.

Btw, he took her back the day after she told him (i'm sure a very limited view of) what happened.

13. fhfn2000

fhfn2000 New Member

good job man. nice to see you're doing well.

I go to the same school as my ex, and though it's fairly large, I suppose theres always a chance of crossing paths.

14. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

this bitch lives across the street. and her bf lives beside the dining hall i always go to. i'm surprised it took 5 months :rofl:

15. Akumasun

Akumasun Follow the Light.

Thats a very smart move bro.

I actually saw my last ex this past week at the movies. A buddy of mine was with me and said "hey its, its Stacey!"

I looked and there she was with some guy who looked like he was on crack.

She looked worst for wear also. I just said who the fuck cares and walked off.

That made me feel like I was finally able to let go.

Its always nice to be better after a relationship and see the other person fail...but I guess there is a part of me that still resents her.

16. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

still waiting to see the fail part :x:

17. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I'm still not totally sure....we were together for 4.5 years, living together, and then one day....he needs his space, "to be himself", bla bla bla. I dont really care what the real reason was anymore, but I do wish he hadnt lied.(when someone says they're breaking up for those reasons are always lies...)

18. BradUF

BradUF Guest

He got bored and wanted to be with more then one girl for his entire life.

19. johan

johan Active Member

Pretty much.

20. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Most likely. I'm over it, I've got a great SO now, but I still know that the one time I accidently run in to him, I'm not going to know what to say and probably stand there with my mouth open like an idiot.

21. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

Fuck i need to hurry up and get to that point :wtc:

22. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Glad to hear you're moving along well! :)

My bf is surprised we havent run into his last ex anywhere yet (one of the others works at the BiLo down the street from our house, she wont even look at him even though its been 3 years and they were just an on & off no-sex relationship :rofl: ). I've lived with him for 1.5 years now and havent crossed paths with the one before me. I think she's finally over it, and I know how to play nice haha.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My boyfriend and I were at a bar with friends last night and he ran into his ex for the first time in maybe 7-8 months (since we've been together). It was really awkward when I ran into her in the bathroom twice and she stared me down. And later I'm pretty sure he went and chatted with her for a few minutes. Hopefully it didn't rehash any possible feelings he had for her; I'm thinking not though since he came back and wouldn't let go of me :)

24. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Good God. I cant even begin to imagine what'd I'd do if I ran into my ex and his new gf. Holy awkward situation Batman.

25. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

This is the internet, and it does not matter, but I have just lost all respect for you and will not give you advice in the future.

I would have reported to the boyfriend that she tried to get with you and you refused.

That is terrible man. Not caring = Ignoring.

Ignorant. :x:

And is it the girlfriends fault. Uhhh obviously yeah, but there is fucking her and then there is the option of doing the right thing.

Fuck. Disgusting. How miserable.