MMA Rampage infuriated with TUF 10 editing; claims it tells a different story

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-new...diting-claims-it-tells-a-different-story.html

Quinton Jackson infuriated with TUF 10 editing; claims it tells a different story

by Gavin Vincent on October 15, 2009
    [​IMG]

TUF 10 coach Quinton "Rampage" Jackson expresses his anger with the editing of the first five episodes of The Ultimate Fighter. Thus far, the show has mostly featured an exuberant Team Rashad Evans and has showcased Jackson as the angry coach with a lack of sympathy towards his fighters. Jackson claims his team chemistry was great and lashes out at the edits chosen, in which he claims tells a different story.

Below is a copy of the blog post in its entirety which can be read on Jackson's official web page by clicking here (please note that you must sign up on Jackson's site before reading):

I just wanted to blog about the T.U.F. show so people can get an understanding of where I'm coming from. They edited the show to make me look like I didn't care about my team, but as you can clearly see I was coaching against a T.U.F. show champion (Rashad) and he came from the Ultimate Fighter so he knows how to play the camera and be fake..

The behind the scenes stuff from season 7 left a real bad taste in my mouth. I was already salty about it and that was the main reason I did not want to do season 10.

The first fight.
    The thing they didn't show on t.v was that Abe asked John "Are we doing this bro? Are we touching hands?" and I told him "Do not touch his hands, he is not your friend" and he didn't listen to me. When John pulled that fake touch hands take down move quite naturally I was pissed. I chose Abe to fight John because during the coaches evaluation the assistant coaches told me that his wrestling defense was ok and his Jiu Jitsu skills were good. John didn't have stand up, but he was a good wrestler with no Jiu Jitsu. So I thought it was a good match up.

So after that fight I was furious. But I still had one more fighter in the locker room who I had to prepare for his fight. Wes Shivers had a tougher fight lined up, in my opinion, and it was a more important fight for me because I knew Wes could beat James. Also James was one of Rashad's team mates that didn't have to try out for the show, that's why I wanted to take him out so badly. In Wes Shivers evaluation the coaches told me that he had the best cardio out of everybody. He had great stand up and great BJJ so I was disappointed when he got winded in the fight and let the game plan go out the window. But in Wes' defense I think he won that fight, or at least should have gone to a 3rd round, but I was trying to keep my composure because I was already so pissed off at Abe. I didn't want to lose my temper and go crazy. That's when I knew T.U.F was going to be the same bullshit as Season 7. Rashad acts so fake and cocky and he wants to act like he cares more about my fighter than I do and brag about how he's a better coach than I am. But I tried to explain to him that I'm not a coach and I won't be coaching after my fighting career, like he might. So as the fights go on and I end up losing a couple fights in a row, I grew more pissed and I let it get to me. So, the whole time Rashad was being a dick and cocky, I just talked to them back in the locker room, in private. Rashad thought the show was about him, about how good of a coach he could be and how fake he could be. But I knew what it was all about.

The show is called the Ultimate Fighter, not the Ultimate Coach. Rashad is so full of himself, even though he just got knocked the hell out by Machida. It was the worst showing of his fight career. Now that he is a one and done champion he thinks that the show is about him. It was hard for me to do this show because I know how fake Rashad is and what kind of person he is. Most of the real fans can tell too, that's why he gets booed all the time. I liked everyone on my team and I chose my team for a number of reasons. If I could do it over I would choose all the same guys, except next time I WILL choose the camera man. My team and I had great chemistry and we got along great. Rashad and his team didn't even like each other. The only reason I'm blogging this is that I want everyone to know what's really up. The show is for entertainment and it could be edited in many different ways, which doesn't always tell the true story. I will be posting more blogs in the near future. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. I will try to answer the most popular questions in my blog! -Posted by Rampage Jackson on October 14, 2009 at 11:22pm

2. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

True story, but the hatred rampage has for rashad i would think he would want to fight him so bad, but yet he retires.

3. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

and of course...

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-new...e-best-coach-he-should-stick-to-fighting.html

Demico Rogers on Rampage: "Obviously he's probably not the best coach... he should stick to fighting."

For the first time in the history of Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter" an entire coaching staff showed up late to a fight. Moments before Demico Rogers' first fight, the Team Rampage coaching staff was seen leaving to grab a bite to eat before the big fight and weren't available to wrap his hands or warm him up properly. At the time, nobody thought anything of it until it was apparent the coaching staff may not even show up for the fight at all. Rogers reflects on the situation.

"Yeah, it did affect me," said Rodgers. "Not having my coach in my corner there. It kind of messed up my head a little bit. If you see on the show, we actually had to go out in the hallway and find a guy that could wrap my hands. We thought we were going to have to go on without him (Quinton Jackson). Fighting is an individual sport and I don't think it really affected my performance in the cage. That's all on me. I should have taken it upon myself to warm up. Now I know. If I have to get myself warm, now I know to do that. As far as my thoughts on Rampage, going into the show he told us he's not a coach, he's a fighter and they wanted him on the show. Obviously he's probably not the best coach that's ever been on the show. He should probably stick to fighting."

After losing via anaconda choke to Brendan Schaub, Team Rampage remained on the sidelines while their man was left in the Octagon by himself with the disappointment of defeat on his shoulders. He was actually consoled by the opposing Team Evans.

"I honestly didn't notice at all," said Rogers. "I was just mad at myself. It really just didn't hit me until I was it in TV. I was like 'Man, that's kind of messed up.' I didn't take it too personally even when I saw it because I feel like it could have been anyone in that position and it was our forth loss in a row. He was pissed off you know. The coaches weren't doing so hot, the fighters weren't doing so hot. We were down on ourselves so I think it just happened to be me."

4. edward_cullen

edward_cullen Unemployed Since 08

Rampage could die in a car crash for all I care.

The guy is unappreciative, a baby killer, a lame fucking coach, and just an overall jackoff.

5. joechunkybutt2

joechunkybutt2 New Member

effort level too high on this one

6. Mannaze

Mannaze New Member

He died.

7. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

I think wes shivers should've won that fight.

8. Sammo

Sammo New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

Basically Rampage is just confirming how bad of a coach he is. I read no explanation on how the editing made him look like a bad coach or made him look like he did something that he didn't do.

10. Exiled

Exiled New Member

For some reason that doesnt sound like rampage

11. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

:werd: that sounds like some underpaid publicist :rofl:

12. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

werd. too well written and grammatically correct.

13. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Really? I read that in his voice and it sounded ok, just more thought out. He probably had someone read over it for him lol.

But yeah, everything he wrote in the blog was just 'well I was mad, well I was blah..'. Yeah Rampage, you are still an ass the reasons for the way you acted on the show aren't legitimate. Dont blame the editing :ugh:

14. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:rofl:
    Baby killer, ok. Even though they determined that the crash had nothing to do with her miscarriage.

He has been lately in general trying too hard. This is why Jeff is such a good troll- he gets people all riled up, most cant tell he is trolling. This motherfucker just makes it obvious.

15. edward_cullen

edward_cullen Unemployed Since 08

God...are people really this stupid.

I can't believe you idiots think it's just a god damn coincidence that the lady had a miscarriage on exact same day Rampage rammed into her. You can't be fucking cereal.

Anyways, the only thing that determined anything was the UFC's money going to the lady to stop her from taking Rampage to court.

16. Kuet

Kuet New Member

No, actually the baby had already been miscarried before the accident, if i remember correctly. Doesn't matter; go back in your cave you tool.

17. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Its true, people who watch reality TV must realise they are watching what the editors want them to watch, not what is actually occuring irl

18. Helios

Helios New Member

Haven't other past coaches complained about the editing too? this isn't anything new.

19. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

troll

20. miek

miek New Member

how has he not been checked for an ae yet?

21. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

he has...

22. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

truth

23. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I removed my membership from rampage's site cuz it kept spamming my inbox with bullshit