RAM for G4 iMac needed. Where should I buy it?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hellodon, Mar 7, 2007.

1. hellodon

hellodon

I think my work machine is still running on 512. It's definitely slow. I am such an efficient, multitasking worker that my machine can't keep up with all the programs open and being used! haha.

I have a few questions...

1. Where is a good place to buy ram for it at the best price? What brand should I go with? I havent really heard of ram that is particularly "bad"...but maybe there is a cheap brand that works well?

2. How difficult is it to install ram in the models right before the intel machines came out? My home mac was simple, there was a little gate right under the apple logo and it popped right in. I havent looked - is it as easy as that or am I going in through the back?

3. These hold 2GB correct?

4. Anyone have any for sale?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

I've dealt with this store for years and have had amazing luck and service. All their memory that isn't the el-cheapo special is backed by lifetime warranties. They have memory for all PowerPC and Intel Macs.

I had a stick go bad once, and I had a replacement stick on my doorstep in 2 business days, and they paid for shipping for the bad stick back to their company.

http://www.datamem.com

HTH. :>

3. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

I have bought from newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com without any problems... they have many different brands, and the prices are pretty much the best out there...