rally america... NOT even close to WRC

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by origin unknown, Sep 11, 2007.

1. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

I just saw a couple of the airings of ESPN's Rally America coverage, and I really have to say I am not impressed. I was spurred to watch it after reading an article in some R&T or C&D that was about Travis Pastrana and his dedication to making the sport more mainstream for Americans. Having been a long time fan of WRC I figured I would check it out. Now I know some of the teams don't have the funding as WRC which would explain the overall slowness of the cars. However, the competition seems to be rather scarce. I guess Pastrana competed in the Mexico Rally WRC. It was group N but I wonder how he did. Anyways just kind of ranting, was wondering if their were any Rally America fans out there.

2. gc8

gc8 Ch Ch Ch Chia!!!

I have friends who race here and there. But they don't do all the states. It's more like a grassroots motorsport here. Travis Pastrana were pretty much just chumps to Colin McRae when he raced in the X-Games. It's unfortunate that Colin died in a helicopter crash.

3. Corky

Corky I lent Jesus $20

:wtc:

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

That's what you call irony, though. Rally racer dies in a helicopter crash?

5. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

True, Rally America isn't as good as actual WRC, but it's better than no rally, and hopefully it will grow and get more popular.

RIP Colin