TAT Raised tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by aex, Nov 26, 2008.

1. aex

aex New Member

So, I read through all the stickies and didn't find anything applicable to my situation.

I got a tattoo ~2.5 years ago, of my horse's name - the horse I've had since I was a kid. I got it done at reputable place that was recommended by a friend, that was clean and everything. My tattoo artist was aaaall inked up, so I figured that was a good sign. :bigthumb:

The tattoo is centered over my right butt cheek, even with/just a little below the small of my back, it's just fancy script writing with a couple extra embellishing lines.

I woke up this morning, the area it's at was all itchy, and then I felt it, and I could feel a ton of bumps. I was like "WTF, did a bug crawl all over there and bite the shit out of it?"

Then, I looked in the mirror, and was like "ohh yah, I have a tattoo there." :greddy:

So, all the lines are really raised, and kinda itchy. No redness around the black or anywhere near there, no discharge, no nothing, except that it's raised and itchy.

Tried to get pictures, but no matter what angle I use, you can't see that it's raised.

Going to the tattoo shop and asking about it is not an option, since it's 2200 miles from me. Any ideas what's wrong/what I should do?

Haven't had any issues with it since I've had it ... it healed fine, and I forget it's there most of the time unless I see it in a mirror, or somebody mentions it. ( went to a private, ultra conservative religious school. :mamoru: )

2. Barbie™

Barbie™ New Member

Oh wow, that's quite a bit of time for it to start bothering you. Has it happened before?
    Based on what I just looked up, tattoos can do that time to time, especially with black ink but the causes vary.

Here is a [hopefully] helpful link.

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

It's a pretty common occurence with tattoos. Anything could have caused it from a pet allergy, difference in water pH level or even a different laundry soap. I have 2 tattoos that only raise up when I drink. :rofl:

4. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

I have that same problem with certain areas of my tattoos too when I drink! Too funny. On one shoulder and in the pits of my elbows.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:rofl:

Mine raises up whenever my allergies are flaring up (cats, Iodine, ragweed etc etc etc)

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

:rofl: It's so weird

:werd: cats drive mine insane!

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Mine does that, but I haven't noticed a pattern or cause.

8. befriending

befriending New Member

i only have that problem with my piece on my arm. my others never raise or itch.

9. aex

aex New Member

I guess I'm not as abnormal as I thought. :rofl:

Thanks guys, I won't worry about it.

10. syrup

syrup Guest

note to self: do not tattoo balls or penis

11. d16v

d16v New Member

I always had one on my left shoulder that did the same thing, I just figured it was normal to happen every now and then...

12. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

Ive got a tattoo on my forearm that raises when I workout / get very hot.

13. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

mine will raise whenever im at a pool from the chlorine. a lot of the times it will raise up and become itchy then within a few hours it will start raining :eek3:

14. deelz

deelz Guest

the one on my foot is totally healed, but still semi new. i got it in november, it is still raised kinda. and from time to time it gets itchy. when it itches, i just up lubriderm on it and that helps:dunno:

15. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I have some black lines on my left arm and blue ink on my right arm that raise up if I get too much sun. it's happened only a few times (I don't get much sun), I just figured it was the amount of ink (its a lot) and the fact that there is probably a bit of scar tissue :dunno: