Rained Out = Fishing Time!!!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Oct 4, 2007.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Well, it's raining here in North GA. Not a lot but enough to get some cancellations. What does a detailer do with a full day and no kids or wife?..............

Most of you know that I'm an avid trout fisherman. I simply love it. I spend about 5-8 hours a week in the local river here (Toccoa). It's not uncommon to catch 50+ 8-12 inchers in a full day. Rainbows and Browns are the most common. Something happened today that was simply amazing. I took a few casts and got nothing. I was about to head upstream when..........BOOM! With only two turns on my reel of a 60 foot cast, a monster struck. It jumped completely out of the water.......an easy 6 inches high. I fought it for almost 20 minutes and this was on heavy tackle.

The verdict.......
    23.2 Inches long and 5.5 pounds. The largest recorded in this river in 5 years!!!

Here's the pics. I hope some of you all enjoy this. Boy did I!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a female by the way.

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

sweetness. i slept in. after my two cancels today.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

That'll be some good eatin'. :yum:

Rained a little in yesterday morning but cleared out by afternoon so my '87 944 customer said to come on out. :)

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I wish I could fish more. I did a ton when I was a kid.

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

No way! This one's going on the wall!

Took it to be mounted this evening.

I now have like 10 to do between tomorrow and Saturday.

6. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Wow! I've never caught a trout that large before! Definitely wall mounting worthy! I have a nice 46" northern pike I caught in Canada when I was like 15 with my brother on the wall at home. Damn you for reminding me of my old passion for fishing...time to dust off the gear and hit the lake down the road tomorrow after class.

7. the_canadian

the_canadian New Member

Thats a nice brown, but if you are as avid a fisherman as you say you are dont be too mad when you catch one bigger than that. :p

Next time you want to get a fish mounted I highly suggest taking a few good photos of it, releasing it to spread its genetics around and getting a nice fiberglass replica mount.

Anyways, congrats on the fish I haven't caught one that size in a couple years.

8. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Well I believe in selective harvesting. You have to take some out. Like I said, this was the largest caught in my local river in 5 years. I fish the White River in Arkansas and I've caught one a lot bigger than this one. My brother took in a 18.6lb. 36incher in June. Made my 28 incher look like bait!