COMIC RahXephon - new favorite series

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by RDB, Aug 28, 2003.

1. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

no spoilers from me.

God what a great series. IMO this is the series that Neon Genesis Evangelion should have been, and untill watching this NGE had been my favorite series of the past 5 years...

The story borrows heavily from NGE, but then takes a huge leap IMO in character development and story telling that NGE didn't. this is were the story shines the characters make this series. this is the only series where i have actually felt sad/loss, happiness/joy, and teared up in many episodes because of it. the use of music reminds me of Cowboy Bebop, in that its unique, fits the scenes, and isn't the same ol repeated BS in some series.

download link, I'll be seeding daily from 11pm-11am EST until sunday Aug 31, i have bandwidth coming out my ears at work so don't worry about piddly 20K BT downloads.

http://suprnova.garanterad.com/torrents/RahXephon%20-%2001%20thru%2026%20(All%20Episodes)(1).torrent

link to amazon dvds 1-5 are out 6 pre order and 7 pre order in the coming months. plus 3 Original Sound Tracks.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-0837056-0411945
    personally i'll be buying my copies off of ebay :o first dvds i'll be buying :eek3:

also it wasn't untill the last episode where the credits are rolling and the story is being wrapped up, that i noticed Gainax is in the credits, since i can't read japanese, i have no idea why they are there. so...

2. tom3

tom3 ...

i'm at 97.8% done, woot.

dude, i noticed that my d/l jumped up to 200-300 tonight as opposed to the normal 15 k/s and ETA 4 days. thanks for seeding... i finally got connected to u :bigthumb:

3. Moparx

Moparx New Member

Rahx is indeed a good series :)
    the majority of people ive spoken too agree that it is what eva should have been

you are seeding from work? isn't that rather unwise considering its licensed & thus illegal to download?
    not to mention if your work finds out where all its bandwidth is going.

4. RDB

i'm in the datacenter, all the bandwidth reports are generated by me and my dept :rofl: :o lets just say the 2 pcs in my Dept account for 30% of the bandwidth usage but noone knows ;)

we also look like regular RR customers, and there is no way to trace the data back to any 1 computer here at my job ;) not that it matter since ADV and others aren't going after file traders last i knew, since the anime crowd generally lets themselves be soasked by shelling out the $ for series.

i for one will be buying this series, ebay willing :o

5. RDB

6. RDB

round 2

p.s. on episode 17 watching series a second time :o

7. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Is it as confusing and gruesome as NGE?

8. RDB

last day i'm seeding :) get in while speeds are best

have uploaded ~ 135GB so far :o

9. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

I've been watching this series recently. I'm on episode 18 right now, and I must say that it's excellent. Thanks so much for this recommendation, and I'd definately suggest that others, especially people who liked Evangelion, check this series out.

10. RDB

ep 18+ is were rahxephon takes its own direction away from its NGE roots. 180 degree opposite path IMO.

the ending for 19 :wtc:

11. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

seen the whole thing .. its excellent.. the fansub quality isn't that far off from the dvds i've been buying.

12. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

Oh fucking shit. I just watched it. :wtc: ^ 10913873490873