SRS Rage and motivation problems

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BwanaKuu, Mar 24, 2009.

1. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I used to be a very angry person. I was never actually pissed off at other people, I was just really angry with myself and would take it out on others. I would erupt in bouts of rage occasionally.

I stopped this by "chilling out" and not letting stuff get to me anymore. I haven't had an outburst for nearly 3 years since I did this but now I feel like it's coming back. I feel like I've just been ignoring all the things I'm pissed about and suddenly there is this rage that I can "feel" is lurking in me. I tell myself to just ignore it but it still seems to keep creeping into my life. Once again it's more rage at myself (mostly because I've started thinking of all the regrets I have) but I feel like I'll probably take it out on someone else and ruin a friendship or even my entire social scene (I'm at college).

Another thing is motivation. I used to exercise nearly everyday but my classes are hard this semester and I am literally working or in class all day. I have to work this much because my school is known for a high workload and I'm probably below average in intelligence and have to make up for it by working my ass off just to keep up. I just don't even have time anymore to get some exercise in. I'm tired constantly and all I want to do once I get back to my room at night is fool around on the computer for a half hour then pass out. I have no energy to even get a half hour of exercise in (especially since that's more like an hour or more with walking to the gym + changing/showering).

2. nsane

nsane New Member

Exercise can help with the energy problem. When I'm not exercising, I find that I get tired more easily and I tend to feel drained throughout the day. When I am exercising, I seem to be more alert during the day and I find it easier to get to sleep at night. It's a rough cycle though, because when you feel tired and drained it seems counter intuitive to go exercise... but give it a try and see if it helps with the energy issues.

3. 1.8t

1.8t Member

I get irritable as fuck when I can't workout/exercise. Some of your issue "could" be wrapped up in that.

4. Memor

Memor Active Member

Even if it seems like you don't have the time to train, force it in, and after a week or two it'll become routine. I'm the same way, exercising is very theraputic for me, and channels all of my anger. Get back from class, drink a cup of coffee and go train for an hour. Or wake up earlier than usual and do it before the day starts, and make sure to get to sleep on the early side and not dick around on the computer at night. Figure out how to make it work...the anger problems will subside.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think you might have put too much hay on your fork so to speak and the workload is so heavy that you are falling under the weight of it.

You should only put so much hay on your fork that you can handle. Its better to take a step back and survive on a lower level that you can bear then to fall under a pressure you cannot bear. Know your limits and dont believe in this unlimited nonsense for no reason, you have limits you know. Its good to believe in eternal progress but you have to stay realistic.

Keep working hard at your future of course, but not to the point that you collapse. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is more important then school. Currently you are showing all the signs of a burn out, the whole issue about rage is to divert the negative energy and spending it on doing something positive, like working out, or building something. That way the energy is being used for something constructive.

Stop putting unreasonable demands on yourself and dont allow society to put unreasonable demands upon you. You know best were your limits are. So keep going for gold, but dont give into the pressure of exceeding your limitations not from yourself nor from others.

6. Gillzeebub

Gillzeebub New Member

I read ur post and it felt like u were talking about me a few yrs ago.
    It sounds a lot like depression, ppl always think depression means sad and miserable all the time. It doesnt. I was such an angry person, over nothing and everything all at once. I didnt go out, didnt shower, didnt clean, didnt want to answer the phone, missed appointments, couldnt even face doing a weekly grocery shop.

U should talk to a doctor about this.

7. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I feel terrible if I do that. I did that first semester and felt so disgusted at my grades and how much more all my friends were doing and how much harder they were working.

Also, and this is something I think I've posted about here before (or in the Vag) but I feel so utterly hopeless in relationships. I'm 19 and I've never kissed a girl. Every time I'm reminded of that fact, I feel so disgusted with myself. I just have no idea what to do. I have plenty of female friends but I always just think, "who would ever want to go out with me?"