A&P Radiopoppers control flashes? v.holyballs!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jared_IRL, Aug 17, 2009.

1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Check out the strobist review of the new Radiopoppers: http://strobist.blogspot.com/2009/08/radiopopper-jrx-will-make-you-fat-and.html

You can control the power of your TTL flashes using Radiopoppers!! That's fucking awesome. I use the Nikon CLS to set the manual power of my strobes right now, and apparently I'll be able to do this without the shitty line of sight restriction of the CLS!!

Fucking in!

2. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

old news :hs:

3. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

it's old news that you can change the power of a flash manually without using the TTL feature or without the brand's communication system?

Perhaps you should read it again.

This isn't a converted TTL system, it's not interpreting the cameras communication, it doesn't rely on preflashes, etc. It's simply a power dial on the unit that taps into the manual power of the flash.

4. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

I think he's saying it's old news because these radiopoppers were announced months ago with this functionality. But I read the strobist review this morning and was very impressed. I think this is the first hands-on account of the new triggers I've seen. Pretty cool shit. :cool:

5. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

ohhhhhhh, sorry brain fart.

6. aCab

aCab New Member

I was reading that today in class. Sounds good to me. I'll probably be picking some up. Half the reason I don't use my flashes that much is because I dont like tipping the stand over or lowering it to change the power setting.

7. Total Xenocide

Total Xenocide OT Supporter

This is old news if you're counting their PX system, but they just announced the functionality in their JrXs. 'Course you have to go with the more expensive studio edition of the receiver and also pick up a RPcude to interface the TTL flash with the receiver.

I'm so getting some. I'm just not sure if I'm going all studio receivers or not yet. I have a 285hv and a studio would be wasted on it... but what if I go with more Canon flashes? or if I go with sbs. ah.

8. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Stop being so short.

9. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

And I just ordered my PWs... oh well, can't go wrong with them :wiggle:

10. aCab

aCab New Member

Buy a 9 ft. stand.

11. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

doesnt anyone notice how they completely disregarded the fact, that months ago they said you could do HSS with Alienbees?

And also said that they would be able to go atleast 800 ft? Now its limited to 100 yards.

And was supposed to be 25 bucks... and now is $89 for the super special addition. And will also cost you more because you have to buy a RPcube to control the Manual power of legacy TTL flashes, whenever the heck that will be released.

I like the idea, but the features that i originally wanted have now been scratched, the range and the ability to HSS. :(