Radeon 9600 Pro causes mem dump after driver install

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Chase, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Chase

Chase Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck yo

P4 2.4 HT 800
    512 pc3200
    Aopen AXSPE-N MB

Everything was working fine until I visited windows update and noticed a driver update for my vid card. Got the update and upon reboot I get a memory dump. I can get in through safe mode. I can remove all drivers andit will boot, but after loading ANY driver, (tried all drivers from ATI) it gets a dump. I even formatted and tried the same thing, but now after any driver is installed it does the same thing. Could my card be toast?

2. excessive

excessive New Member

when you realoaed windows, did you just let it use the default driver?

I mean, before you install your ATI drivers, make sure you uninstall any existing drivers, even if they are the default ones in Windows. Restart in safe mode, load your ATI drivers, and see what happens.

I have a 9600 pro, and I haven't ever herad of your problem, so it might be the card itself

3. Chase

Chase Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck yo

Yes, i made sure to uninstall all other drivers when installing new ones, even used that driver cleaner program. I have looked everywhere on the net (well a little bit) and couldnt find anyone with the same problem either. I am going to return it and hope it is the card.

4. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

What type of power supply are you using?

My friend's computer had some wierd ass things happen when I upgraded it to a p4 from an 1.3ghz amd. I switched video cards (to a cheap0 pci one) and the problem occured later in my windows installation. Not really knowing what I was doing, I told him to buy a new power supply and that apparently fixed the problem.

But that is wierd how it was working before windows update...so I really do not know.