Radar detectors and bikes

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by VBGOD, Jul 30, 2002.

1. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Does this combo exist?
  2. Deeguy

Deeguy Guest

a friend of mine had a wireless battery powered one with a headphone attachment so u can hear the warnings... usually wear it around your arm or something.. didn't seem to work well
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

yes.. people mount them in all kinds of weird places, with flashing LEDs, wireless earpieces, you name it.
  4. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

May 10, 2001
    oh yeah, i have seen them mounted on handlebars, windsheilds, on the side of a helmet, and even on the inside of a helmet on the face sheild. They are out there.
  5. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Now that I think about it... I would just pay more attention to any lurking cops. Sorry for the 180. :o The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of NO radar detectors, cd players, and other non-essential items. It should make the ride more enjoyable.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

I choose not to go with a detector. Sometimes you gotta pay to play, and take your chances.
  7. CobraR

CobraR Guest

a guy's website i was reading said he had one, a regular car one, and ran the wire down to whereever and wired it in..

he doesn't use it now he says tho, cus it's 'easier to talk your way outta a ticket if theres no radar detector around'
  8. Ghost Load

Ghost Load i'll see your kidcarson and geekboy and raise you OT Supporter

Jan 26, 2002
    don't leave home without one. i also carry a scanner. the cell phone however, stays home.
  9. guess

guess Please think of the Domo-kuns....

Mar 17, 2001
    A buddy had one on his CBR. at night, he'd cut the lights and clutch out to avoid being seen/heard. He said, "at 120, you're prolly past him in a few short seconds anyway..." :bigthumb:

IBSquidremarks :o