Race gas

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by babiedollgirl, Aug 26, 2009.

1. babiedollgirl

babiedollgirl Active Member

Ok I have a question for anyone who has used race gas before. I want to run a mix of 93 and 104 that will get me to 100 octain my car has a 15 gal tank so that would be roughly 10 gal 104 and 5 93. What i wanted to know is if there is a best way to mix the 2 fules besides just dumping them in the tank as that seems like i would not get an even mixture. Any advice would be appreciated :)

2. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

just throw it in and then slalom. left right left right gas brake gas brake

3. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

I beleive shell stations sell 100 octane. Best way to mix is get a few 5 gallon drums or something to hold fuel and pour the 93 and 104 in at the same time and shake it a little.

4. babiedollgirl

:eek3: ive never seen 100 octain at shell here i will have to look into it. Only thing i was a lil worried about was if the density of the gas would be the same but i guess it would be so as long as i pour the 2 together evenly i should get a good mix :x:.

In case people are like why I need 100 octain its for my tt 350z i can only run 9psi on 93 so i wanted to bump it up so i can run arround 14psi without killing my bottom end. If any one wants to see pics jus lemme kno and ill post them up.

ib350zhate

5. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Ultra Member OT Supporter

No real specific way to mix them...if you want to be on the safe side then i'd say to put the race gas in first and add the pump gas in last as at least this way you know your getting higher octane fuel into the pump...

What size turbos are you running?

6. babiedollgirl

Thats i a good idea i will have to try that and the turbos are gt28

7. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Seems to me like it'd be cheaper in the long run (and more reliable) to just rebuild the bottom end with a lower CR

8. babiedollgirl

Built bottom end is comming soon. I called the place that made the turbos and they said it would be 3800 for everything i need so im doing that after the 1st of next yr i just want to be able to knock the boost up every once in a while right now. the car gets driven only 1-2 times a week if that so i dont fill it up very often. They have a place here im getting a 55 gal drum for $410 of 104 octain. So that will last me pretty close to the end of the yr :x: untill i do the bottom end.

9. babiedollgirl

mother fucker i keep spelling octane wrong typing fast inbetween work FTL

10. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

The places have a divines towing company or some junk and they usually sell trick gas which is 100 or so I believe unleaded but not sure.

U can buy race gas that is unleaded at a performance place and just run it straight or look into meth injection or E-85 kits so you can run 14PSI all day long with no problem due to detonation

11. babiedollgirl

Yea i got the race gas yesterday from a performance place im going to run it straight for now (however im having some issues that are pissing me off with the car) Im not going to go with the e-85 kit since im doing the bottom end shortly and will be able to run 17psi.

The problem im having now is that when i bump up the boost to 11 psi at like 7800 rpms the car starts cutting off and subsiquently every psi above that it does it at fewer and fewer rpms sooooooo now i have to figure out why the hell thats happening :hs:

12. Mercennarius

Sounds like your running out of fuel. Injector size and fuel pump specs? What kind of AFRs are you getting?

13. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

You realize that unless you have a returnless system you'll be constantly circulating your fuel and mixing it? I used to run 4 gallons of toluene to 12 of 91 octane and all I'd do was pour it in, idle for a few minutes, cruise for 10 miles or so then hammer it. Never a problem.

14. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

sure you know this but octane is liner, mixing 93 + 104 / 2 = 98.5 (assuming 50/50) so your 2:1 ratio gets you there. dguy is right, don't worry too much about mixing it in the can.

15. soundmaster2.0

soundmaster2.0 Toasted OT Supporter

I want pics, oh and what kind of turbos?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  16. babiedollgirl

This is the kit that is on the car

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product.php?productid=17247&cat=258&page=7

I got the complete version with the fule and engine mangement. Other than whats in the kit and intake and exhaust ( which is to fucking small now and i need to order something new) there has been no other modifications to engine.Im inclined to agree with Mercennarius vbmenu_register("postmenu_119909036", true); on the fule issue. However im using the stock ecu tune which should in theory would read the octain of the gas and push as much as needed to the car.... Unless the pump just isnt big enough..... I havent been able to find anyone who is having the same issue as me yet though.

here are pics for the person who asked

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. soundmaster2.0

soundmaster2.0 Toasted OT Supporter

Like the hidden fmic and the dual BOVs. Sexy turbos btw.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  18. babiedollgirl

Thanks :).... I really supprised at all the replys i got in this thread i thought it was going to be nothing but hate..... Thanks to everyone who is participating in this thread :wavey:

19. Mercennarius

The ECU can not and does not read the octane rating of your fuel. What the ECU sees is what the O2 and knock sensors send it. The O2 will tell your computer the ratio of air/fuel and the knock sensors just detect detonation in the combustion chambers. What size are your injectors and what fuel pump do you have? Also has your ECU been tuned?

20. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Yah, sounds like you are running out of fuel. If the kit comes with a new ECU and injectors, then the problem is that they aren't getting enough pressure. Either your pump isn't large enough (likely if you are running the stock one), or a pressure valve somewhere wasn't adjusted to compensate for the higher all around pressure in the system.

21. babiedollgirl

fuel pump is Walbro 255 lph and DeatschWerks 600cc Denso Injector and its tuned through the factory ecu

22. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

This.

Look at the fuel rail(s) on your engine; they each have two hoses connected to them, one at each end. One hose delivers fuel at full pressure, the other returns the unused fuel at the residual pressure left over after it passes through the fuel pressure regulator. (that's the cylindrical bit with the tiny vacuum hose connected to the intake.) Even if the fuel isn't perfectly mixed to start with, after a few minutes of the fuel pump running, it will all be cycled through the system and mixed perfectly.

23. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

so what kind of pressure are your injectors actually seeing? And can the factory ECU actually deal with the increase in air? I know that it can comp to some extent, but can it actually go full bore with the injectors?

And you *really* ought to have a wideband in the car with you if you're running boost (which would also give more info on wtf is going wrong at the top end)

24. Mercennarius

Factory ECU is good for much more power in his car so long as its been tuned.
    BIG 2nd. Sounds like you have the right size injectors/pump that you need but you need to know your air:fuel ratio to see if the computer is compensating enough fuel...

25. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Ah. Yah, considering that my AFRs are controlled by a bunch of screws basically, I don't know how good modern ECUs are :p