MIL R & R on June 5th

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by itsnick, May 20, 2005.

1. itsnick

itsnick Guest

Coming home for two weeks starting June 6th.

It's not as appealing as the first time, but the time away is much appreciated. Anyone else?

2. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

I have some leave authorized at the end of June, but I doubt I'll be using it. No real reason to go home right now, so I'll save the days.

3. pakman

pakman New Member

I have R&R in August. Kind of late for an OIF3 rotation, but the way I see it, the later I go, the less time I have left when I return.

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

My Army son was due to go on two weeks of R&R in July, but the team he was on that was training Iraqi Commandos (as a Brigade asset) was released back to their individual units, so he lost his July slot and he's at the ass end of his Company R&R list...which means he'll go on R&R sometime this Fall.

Doesn't seem very fair. Those guys that were working directly with the Iraqi Commando Battalion in Samarra went on some of the hairiest patrols in in the area, usually twice a day with nighttime raids tossed in frequently. :rant:

5. itsnick

itsnick Guest

Ideally, I would like to go later in my rotation (I'm only 2 months in) to split it up. Last time I went about 8 months in and I was totally ready to do those last months when I got back.

6. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

Just got back from Iraq... my leave is slotted for June 15th and my bday is June 18th.... fucking WOOT

7. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

I got leave on June 7th for 15 days, and my bday is on the 12th! woo!!! :hyper:

8. Big Red

Big Red New Member

my hubby just found out he will be coming home the 10th of Jun for 2 weeks. I am anxious but i also know how hard it is going to be to let him go again. But i know he will be happy to see our youngest son close to his first birthday (the 28th of Jun)