GUN R and R racing headcam vid

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Jul 15, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

click image to play video 40mb wmv
    [​IMG]

Video is long as there was a lot of stages, and the stages were pretty involved. Hopefully it will still stream ok.

Was a fairly tough match. Lots of precision shooting, lots of head shots, small shotgun steel had to be center punched or they would turn sideways giving you all kinds of greif. There were some breaching doors you had to shoot open which was cool. Goes to show that shotgun patters do not open up like in the movies. Hitting a 1x2 stick at 5 yards makes under a 2" pattern.

I was doing pretty decent the first day and survived the first 7 stages. I pretty much junked the 2nd day though. I guess everyone was struggling and I guess I finished OK. Have not gotten the official scores but if order of walking the prize table is any indication I should be 6th place open.
    I did get a certifcate for a Larue railed handguard (worth $300 will sell for $200) along with some other minor prizes.

Overall it was a fun match

2. Milky

Milky I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie

Wow, looks pretty cool.

How do you wear the shotgun reloading sticks? Is there a holster for it or do you just shove them in your pants?

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Man, that looked like a hard match. It looked brutal out there, the cardboard was already curling it looked hot. Good job enduring that, what was the total round count?

You look like you did a few of what I do from time to time, drop the hammer on a empty trigger Doh@!

Was your DVR far away? Wifi connected rite? It seemed a little "skippy" at times. Where you wearing the camera on the side of your head?

4. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

nice server. 2meg/sec :o

5. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

The first stage looked like some of the long rifle shots were set directly into the sun. It may just be the recording but it also looked so bright that it was hard to tell some of the no shoots from regular targets.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I got a drop leg pouch that holds 6 tubes. I usually carry five 4 shell tubes, and a single 6 shell tube. If I need extra ammo I got some double tube carriers I can use also.

I had some rifle problems the second day. That's just 3 gun, with so much equipment your going to have issues with something. This was a brutal match it was 150 required for rifle, 150 required for shotgun, and 150 required for pistol. As you know 150 required is what you usually expect for a regular pistol ipsc match. You don't miss that much with pistol but shotgun and rifle is a different story.

My headcam setup is wired, the archos says 604 wifi but that means you can get wireless internet. Sometimes when at the match hotel I can get away from bringing a laptop if I just need to check email. With this new job I need a laptop.

It's kind of luck of the draw. If you pull that stage in the morning you get no wind but you get the sun in your eyes. You draw later in the day you risk dealing with wind. Both cases really can screw with you but you do what you have to.