SRS Quitting Smoking

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sillylilchelsea, Oct 1, 2008.

1. sillylilchelsea

sillylilchelsea New Member

I've been using the patch to quit smoking, and I've found that it works great except I get quit dizzy/ nauseated. I've dropped the dosage down to the 7mg now and it still happens. I used to smoke 10 or more cigarettes per day for a period of about 6 years. I haven't had any problems not smoking apart from the cravings when the friends do it in front of me, and when I drink. This nausea/dizziness has been going on for a month and is starting to interfere with my life. Anyone else experience this? Or have any advice?

2. Xicculus

Xicculus OT Supporter

If you haven't smoked a single cigarette in the month you've been patching, then you should be 'cured' and you can just take it off, unless your doc says otherwise.

I found for myself that the first month was the most difficult, once I got past that I never looked back.

Sure, you'll get cravings here and there, but when you remember how hard it was to get to where you currently are, you'll never go back again.

At least that was my experience... and I'm 5 months and 22 days into it :x:

3. sillylilchelsea

sillylilchelsea New Member

I haven't had a single one since I quit, although my boyfriend smokes when he drinks he hasn't won't let me partake. I stayed on the 14mg for the first month, I just switched to the 7mg. I'll probably finish out the two weeks on this if I can make it through the nausea. I think it's breaking the oral fixation that's the hardest.