SRS Quitting Smoking Question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by veneratio, Feb 23, 2007.

1. veneratio

veneratio New Member

I am in my late 20's and have smoked and started smoking when I turned 19. I quit 2 weeks ago (cold turkey) and even resisted it when I went out drinking in a social crowd over the weekend. I started jogging 3 times a week to help me get through this and I must say I actually feel better. But, my thorat itches and every morning I wake up I have this nasty taste in my mouth and shit in my throat I have to spit out. What is that? Is this normal? When will this go away?

Thanks...

2. micks

micks the snausage wallet OT Supporter

Post nasal drip maybe? Take some mucinex to get it all out...

3. niwtsol

niwtsol always question

very common, the more you smoke the harsher this reaction is, i was a light smoker quit and went through it for about two weeks

my brother was a heavy smoker (multiple packs a day) and his was intense.

congradulations btw.

4. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

I quit smoking for a month and 11 days now, and I still feel a bit of crap come out my throat every morning, but it's not harsh any longer. I jog quite often, and sometimes during the middle of jogging I feel this nasty sand paper, almost pepper feeling in my lungs, but that was about 2 weeks ago, now they feel stronger, and I don't have that nasty feeling any longer! :big grin:

5. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

So keep sticking it man, you'll feel better, and trust me, once in a while you will feel like you want a smoke, then about 15 minutes after you think to yourself that smoking is stupid and you are so glad you didn't smoke.

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

it almost sounds like allergies? for me, that stopped when i stopped smoking.

:dunno:

7. periwinkle

periwinkle I have nothing to declare except my genius

I just hit the 3 month mark of quitting and stuff is coming up worse now than when I quit, so expect a lot of weird things to happen, just keep reminding yourself it's for the best. The running is a good idea, what I did when I started to quit was everytime I craved a cigarette I'd go for a run, or do some yoga, or anything active to get my endorphins going and then I found the cravings went away.
    I also found that a healthy diet, and drinking Yerba Mate to be helpful to create balance.
    I also found that in the first while I got sick a lot. Again this is common, so don't get discouraged, your body is trying to get all the crap out of it!!!

8. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

Maybe chronic bronchitis or something? They say the pollen levels are some of the highest ever, at least here on the East Coast, that could have something to do with it.

9. Slickismax

Slickismax New Member

Taken from some website:

"Between one month and nine months, the cilia in your lungs will
    regenerate, allowing your body to clean your lungs and reduce
    infection."