SRS quitting pot in a pro pot enviroment

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by meervincent, Jun 4, 2008.

1. meervincent

meervincent New Member

hey guys and gals. you may remember me from my first real entry here when i attempted to quit smoking cigs and pot at the same time. i failed a both. i ended up smoking more pot but not cigs and still use tobbaco in my bongs. today i smoked the last of my pot and belive i want to quit enough that i will.

I belive i have almost everything covered for how im going to quit and have strongly belived in reasons for quitting. the problem i have is the apt building i live in has a comunity that im fairly rooted in that gets baked together. there are members that do not use but i feel i will be temped a fair amount. i will be informing them of my decision and hopefully my attempt will be sucsessful.

any advise or resources related to this would be greatly apreciated

2. frankdahtank21

frankdahtank21 You have no fucking idea!

good for you, i wish you luck

3. undirected

undirected Guest

If you're not ready to quit it won't matter where you're living

Try an AA/NA meeting or three and if that ain't your bag, check out other various programs (if need be)

I'm still convinced that pot is the hardest drug to quit for a LOT of people despite how seemingly innocuous it is, simply because it seems as though everybody uses it nowadays, and society is getting to be a lot more lenient towards its use

Best of luck

4. meervincent

meervincent New Member

i i totally buckled last night, huge fight with gf and some other things. fuck me i just did not want it bad enough. well at least i cut down on how much i smoke in the past 24 hrs lawlz

but seriously i will be quitting as soon as my gf smokes the rest, i dont even want it because its rediculous that i smoke as much as i do

5. Burrito10

Burrito10 New Member

hey man I was in a similar situation a few years ago. My parents caught me smoking bud, and surprisingly, they let me smoke bud at home. My mom even went ahead and got me a bong for christmas one year. After being a pot head for about a year, I got a job that required a drug test. I quit smoking weed, and I ended up getting the job. My dad has cancer and smokes bud to get his appetite, as my mom does too because of her health reasons. I've always been around bud, and have not continually smoked in a VERY long time. The only times I ever do is when I am extremely drunk at parties. My dad recently got busted growing weed at our house, so as you can see, my house is a VERY pro Pot environment.

It is not hard at all to quit weed. The first day or so is pretty hard, but after the first day, its cake! Its all mental bro. If I can abstain from bud, you surely can too.

6. Chemo

Chemo New Member

thats currently what im doing myself,for my 27th bday at the end of july i went in and asked my dr for help dealing with some other issues and slowly started taking the steps to rid myself of coke,e and other drugs(i was mostly a pothead who would do coke and e at spuratic moments when the drugs were in my face and freely available,mind u i hadnt done excstasy since middle of june and no coke since middle of july,when i went to the dr the end of july),altho most of my friends smoke weed,im trying to take the steps necessary to stop smoking the ganja,but its hard when people u have grown up with smoke dope.i was a person who would smoke an ounce of weed a month,and come the first part of august it took me 10 days to smoke a 1/8,then the next 1/8 took me 20 days,but it also helps knowing that i was gonna be out of a job early sept and that i wouldnt be able to afford toking even tho i have decent connections.i even took the steps to clean all my glassware and pack it away so i wouldnt be tempted to smoke,even tho i still have a friend that comes over and hangs out and gets high at my house,and offers me tokes everytime,i for the most part can say no,but theres the odd time i cant say no and just take that one toke and am blazed outta my mind.but i know i need to clear my mind in order to make my future lifestyle better.its hard when u live in a town of 7000 people and the few people that are left all toke and ur friends with most of them