Quickest way to drop a few pounds

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by turbo_babe91, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbo_babe91

turbo_babe91 New Member

So here's a little about me..
    I'm about 5"2 approx 130 lbs. Oh and i'm female...
    I am wanting to lose some weight because I feel like 130 is a little too much for my height. I've been struggling with it for a while. I lose 5 lbs and then bam I gain the weight back again. And I dont really eat alot. I eat like a bird.

What do u all think would be a healthy weight for my height? I am naturally a curvy woman with wide hips and larger chest, but I want to trim down the excess weight on my tummy and legs.
    I just want to know from you experienced people what my approach should be. Also what would be some good work out routines that I can do at home to trim up a little? And to keep it off?
    Also to let u in on my diet. I actually don't eat alot.. I eat 3 meals a day but they are pretty small portions. Don't really understand why I have extra weight when I dont eat alot.. I hope I can get some useful tips!!! I really would love to have a nice trim body for my vacation :big grin:

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

hi turbo_babe91,

thanks for inquiring about how we can help you. We feel that to best serve our clients, we need to see a picture to determine their 'problem' spots and address them. Please post this at once.

Talk to you soon,
    Management

3. VinSVT

VinSVT New Member

this thread made me sigh

4. turbo_babe91

turbo_babe91 New Member

Why did it make u sigh? I dont want to post pics because I dont want to be ridiculed. I just want some help.
    Im sorry if it's a repetitive topic. Im just trying to find out whats best for MY body.. I just want to quickly lose weight in a healthy way..

5. jaboki

jaboki OT Supporter

#1 diet 90%
    #2 exercise 10%

it's not how little you eat, it's what you eat

6. Leb_CRX

damnit, well I tried

read the sticky's n00b

7. turbo_babe91

turbo_babe91 New Member

My food intake kind of varies by what my body is craving. Kind of a mix of everything.

8. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

This is a shitty forum for questions like this. A good board would be makeupalley.com...their health and fitness board.

It's not how much you eat, but what you eat (like someone above said). If you have a squishy tummy you are probably taking in too many refined carbs (aka white carbs...sugar, white bread, pasta...etc). Switch to whole wheat stuff and not too much of it...try to get in more protein, and good fats like nuts. If you are having trouble keeping weight off calorie cycling can be great for women (ex. 1200 cals one day, 1400 the next, 1600 etc). Are you lifting weights...also very important. Running also is something that can take off a ton of weight. I HATE to run...so I don't, but it seriously can perform miracles. I do videos that mix up walking and jogging and that is tolerable for me.

9. Leb_CRX

thank you zachary,

here I advised for her pics to better assist her, and she shunned me and the rest of the OT family by claiming she does not want to be ridiculed. we're not here for that, we don't have time, we're here to help, all of us, and take pleasure in seeing wonderful results and smiley faces

/end rant

10. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

try reading the stickies and archives :dunno:

11. Hebrew Hammer

Hebrew Hammer Resident Jew goalie OT Supporter

yep, youll only get ridiculed if you act like the machinest dude:ugh:

you might want to look in here, http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3209221

same sort of advice is scattered through that thread. Post an example of an average day of food too.

12. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

You need to eat to lose weight. Otherwise your body goes into "starvation mode" and it does everything it can (including burning muscle) to preserve fat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.