SRS quicker than it should be

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by s34s0ns, Jul 24, 2007.

1. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

Cliffs:

past two weeks my girlfriend of 4 months got cold/neutral... i finally called her out and waited these few weeks to do it because she's been having a lot of bad luck and i figured that was part of it.

today she admits to me that she is feeling "numb"

i'm getting to old to deal with this and i think i'll give her another week because i like her and want to be supportive, but after that it's enough making me wait for her to decide she likes me again.

thoughts? thanks.

2. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

too old you're 20 :rofl: get used to that shit dating girls your age...date women a few years older :naughty:

3. FrozenSTi

FrozenSTi This site WILL get me in trouble......

Give her the week, but no more than that. Life's too short to have a crutch like that.

4. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

thanks guys, i like both of your answers : )

...i guess i feel old relationship wise, this is my fourth serious-ish relationship and they all seem to end up dieng out.

i mean, they are all different in their own ways obviously, but it seems to lead down the same road everytime.

a few months of bliss, then comfortable routine, then annoyance and so on..

i'm to the point where it seems they all go the same way and this one seems to be heading towards the darkside far too fast.

5. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

my thoughts exactly, it's just hard when your not the one losing the feelings. :hs:

i guess the worst feeling for me is knowing that this girl liked me for over a year while i had my ex and i had a secret crush on her, it was like a dream come true:)greddy:). for it to end like this seems like a waste when i've had far worse relationships (this one's great, concidering) last far longer.

6. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

she doesn't know. translation: avoiding the truth.

she says' that it happens to her occasionally, but things her life outside the relationship have been kind of shitty such as a tree falling on her car / college classes getting messed up / family issues. sooooo stress is understandable, but it doesn't make it any easier for me to do everything i can in order to make a relationship work with a rock.

7. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

the "truth" is whatever she believes deep down and won't admit to herself.... not to mention admiting it to me.

and most likely it won't come out until either it gets to the point of bottled up explosion or ....it never will be told and blow over.

less likely for the second option.

8. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

well, we can figure this out together :wiggle:

our relationship started with the philosophy of just letting things happen and see where they take us, but at this point everything seems forced for no apparent reason.

although it seems to have been improving a little bit, i don't feel like i should have to be on edge waiting for her next move.

update laterz, good luck man.

9. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

she's cheating on you

seriously though, when women become detached like that they're usually done with the relationship

you either give it space and let them come around, or you just kick them to the curb and move on .. choice is yours

10. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

^ Why don't YOU break up with her instead of waiting around for her to make a decision?

11. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

I can see where you're coming from, just don't let her run the "I don't know" train on you for too long. The "relationship purgatory" as I like to call it is the worst part of the whole ordeal.

If she still doesn't know after a week or two, cut her loose, and give both of you some closure. If she comes back after that, well, tread carefully.

12. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

sounds like we have the same deal on our hands.

yeah, i've been fucked around with enough in relationships... i'm going to give this one the rest of the week to resolve. Though, i can say that there definitely comes a point where we need to stand up for ourselves and take control of the situation.

13. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

and go ahead and post in this thread since information would be helpful for both of us. : )

14. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

best advice i see.

15. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Thanks.

The sad part is, it's a whole lot easier to dispense than it is to adhere to.

I've been through the dragging out of the inevitable, and I've found it's a whole lot easier just to get it done with and move on.

16. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

better on my turn than, someone elses.

easier said than done though, i agree.

17. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

it's a handle on my own emotions that i have been fine tuning for years.

if there's one thing that i've gotten out of all my relationships it is the knowledge of how to handle myself.

...whether it she comes back to "normal" or not, i now feel like it's over already.

18. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

:hugot: dont turn to the bottle man, just be upfront with her, whatever is happening probably cannot be stopped by you anyway. no sense "killing" yourself over it.

19. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

sadly, i think it's getting worse.

i stayed at her place last night and now not only is she distant, but what she's been puting me through has caused me to be also.

it's just one big shitty time and for "no reason" just kills me.

give me a straight fucking anwer.

20. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Maybe you should distance yourself from her for a little while and let her figure out whatever is going on in her head. Don't make plans with her unless she asks/invites you. Go do some things for yourself for a while until she's ready to deal with whatever is going on.

21. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

that's a good idea and what i've tried to do, although she invited me over last night.

i would have declined to keep space, but i don't want to miss a possible good night when things have been so down.

yeah though, i'll let her initiate things, even if it makes it easier for her to be over us.

22. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

From my experience, I've had a harder time fixing some relationship problems when the guy is around and trying really hard to make it work. I didn't really mean for it to happen, but I would start losing respect for the guy because I realized he didn't get pissed off or avoid me even if I was distant or cold and wouldn't talk about it. My bf now knows that if something wrong and I don't answer when he first asks, it's better to give me some breathing room to think because once I get space I realize how much I want him around and am more motivated to talk things over than when he is sitting around bugging me to talk to him.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  23. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

makes sense, i'll keep that in mind.