Quickbooks

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cabriolet, Jan 22, 2007.

1. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Does anyone know of a utility to convert a .CSV file to an .IIF to import time into quickbooks?

I've found some to do it, but they are for accounts and other items, I can't find anything to import time.

TIA

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I was under the impression that there was in import utility in Quick Books. However, QB is a full blown accounting system but Quicken isn't. You don't have true debit/credit booking in Quicken like you will do in QB. Sure you "can" do it but if there isn't an import utility, it's prolly not worth it.

You can always just run double books till you feel comfortable with your QB set up then just quit the Quicken part. All the while you can run double reports and check them.

This is the method we used when we swited from Quicken to a specialty accounting system.

3. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

It's not running double books, it's that I have a time tracking program that can export into an Excel file or .CSV. I can't figure out how to import the time as an .iif, unless you use the Quick books timer which has it's own import and export menus.

The problem with the Quick books timer is that it doesn't work on my blackberry, otherwise I'd just use that.