Quickbooks Pro and Quickbooks Premier Edition

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mixwell, Jul 29, 2004.

1. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to buy either of these software for a good price besides E-Bay. I went to this website http://dorsft.info/index.php?s=1888 which sells OEM software for a very low price. The thing is they seem to say I can't register the product and get the technical support I may need when using the product. It doesn't help that the software won't come with any type of manual in the first place. Yes of course it comes with a help and support feature built into the software, but the only thing I'm afraid of is it may not be enough at times. During those times, it would be nice to contact an expert to help me through the process of setting something up using the program.

Anyone have any experience using Quickbooks? Ever needed to refer back to the manual or contact the technical support over the phone? I have the trial edition of Quickbooks PRO to try it out, and with the limited features it has built it so far, I'm still learning a lot about the program. The help and support feature is helpful, but with a lot of the features missing from the full version, I couldn't configure items the way I wanted to.

Any help, suggestion or advice is highly appreciated!

2. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

anyone? =\

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I've been using QB99 for years. I've never had to call tech support but then again I'm good with computers, have an accounting degree, and my needs are fairly simple. I've never heard of an OEM version of QuickBooks. Even if there were, you should still be able to register it. Sounds kinda shady if they're telling you not to register it. I buy a lot of stuff at Newegg.com. They're probably going to have as good a price as anyone for a geniune copy of the program.

4. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

accounting degree eh? o_O Well I'm just a student trying to help set up my Dad's small business and I'm okay with computers. Been using them for quite some time now, but not sure how well I fair with accounting. I can't even go into that site anymore so probably won't order from them. I guess I would trust it to be in the box than to buy it OEM. Just wondering though, do you know what the main differenences between the Quickbooks Pro and Quickbooks Premier Edition are? Also I've seen the academic edition being sold all over E-bay claiming it has the exact same features are the regular QB Pro, though just cheaper if you can provide that you're a student or a staff member of some sort. I didn't think about newegg as I only buy hardware from them, I should check out their prices too though.

thanks for the reply BTW!

5. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

check out http://www.atomicpark.com/ for purchasing. Just check the quickbooks website for the differences between pro and premium, i can't remember all the differences, but they'll tell ya.

6. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I have been using Quicken for the past few years, and it's great. I'm not sure how it compares to Quickbooks, but maybe worth a look in your case

7. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Quicken is for home users who need to balace a checkbook and track investments. QuickBooks is aim at small businesses who need to track payables and receivables, sales, inventory, sales tax, payroll, etc. I started out using Quicken for the business since I'd already been using it since it came on a couple of 5.25" floppies for DOS. But I switched to QuickBooks when my business grew a little bit.