quick tips on hard water spots on my paint

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by FifthGear, Jun 30, 2009.

1. FifthGear

FifthGear -

Left my car outside last night and not in the garage space at my apartment. Come out this morning to huge water spots on about 3/4ths of my car. :wtc: Just got done washing and clay bar'ing my car, and this was actually dirtier then i thought it would be. Just wanted some last second tips on making my 3 month old car look new again. :)

Searched around and it looks like i should use Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner/Polish and Diamond Cut Cleaner. Any special wax i should use after this to really help make those spots go away and make it shine? I would like this wax job to last me though the winter if possible, but im not against a good waxing before then.

2. CantDrv55

CantDrv55 New Member

Diluted white vinegar worked good for me on water spots.

3. FifthGear

FifthGear -

any specific ratio you used?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

50/50. Do this first, it may save you from having to polish and at the very least at least make polishing easier.

BTW, the new hotness from Meguiars is #105 (compound) and #205 (polish). They are more expensive than the 80 series polishes but believe me, you will be glad you spent the extra.

5. FifthGear

FifthGear -

thanks scott! :)

6. FifthGear

FifthGear -

Well after about 3.5-4hrs of work my car is finally looking fantastic again. The vinegar / water trick worked to get them 99% of the way off. Gave the car a good waxing and all gone. Im exhausted though. I forgot how long it takes, and how much work it is to wax by hand :rofl: