quick stupid question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by apman0000, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

ok so the quick generic rundown (and yes i know there are many factors so any answer is only a guess-temate etc etc) but any informed opinions would be appreciated since you fuckers know more about this shit than me

started lifting again in October 06 max bench at the time was 175 (yes i know it's lame and sad, but it is what it is)

today i did 2 reps with 335 (best and most i've done since college (about 10 years ago)

I have a bet with a friend that I can do 405 by my next B-Day (feb 08)

I currently work chest really hard 2 times per week, I know i'm not big by any means in comparisson to many on this board but i figure since many of you are way past where i'm at you may be able to give a guess on if i have a chance to add another 70 pounds to my bench in the months remaining. The newb gains are long gone, i am fighting for every damn pound added to my lifts at this point.

is twice a week enough for chest, or would adding a day be beneficial you think?

yes i do other lifts as well but my bet is on the flat bench and due to injuries some of my other lifts are pathetic and embarassing to say how low weight i can do lol.

*Cliffs
    work chest 2 times a week
    started oct 06 bench 175
    today 2 reps 335
    need to bench 405 asap for bet
    chances by february?

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

Care damn it!
    lol

3. CPop

CPop New Member

Gain some body weight and it'll probably happen.

I am not a fan of lifting "chest" twice per week. With most of the successful guys, if they bench more than once per week the second time is speed work only.

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

typical week for chest is a low rep high weight day

and a high rep low weight day

currently

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.