Quick S10 Detail

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by resident_asshole, Jul 6, 2005.

1. My buddy is making a trade for a 90 Pontiac GTM for this truck so I polished it out for him before the new owner came and got it. It was recently painted but had HORRID buffer swirl; I wasn't able to get good pics of it because it was overcast when I started.

Used Poorboys SSR2.5 followed up w/ Natty's Paste Wax

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Buffer has in a PC or a rotary, PC's swirls are real easy to get rid of but a rotary might take a little more work? In ether case a good polishing polish /w a PC will take care of your problem. When you used SSR2 that might have made the swirls too when using a PC or rotary that you did not allow the SSR2 to brake down to a finer grade while polishing. Contamination might cause it too to name a few.

3. when the car was repainted the shop went at it w/ a rotary and swirled it to all hell. It was my job to get rid of them :) Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

There are other kinds of polish? :mamoru: No hate intended, just amusing myself.

5. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

:confused:

6. i think it was the "polishing polish" comment Pac ;)

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Nice work! I really like 2.5 because it is decently aggressive but also finishes off very nicely so you can usually go straight to your LSP.

8. yea, I think i'm starting to like it as a good inbetween #80 and #83. I actually think it's my new favorite. How does the step down on the PB series compare to #80 Scott?