Quick Review: S100

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by toezter, Apr 14, 2007.

1. toezter

toezter New Member

first of all, sorry that there are no pics. i really should have thought about it, but didn't. perhaps when i get a big rainfall, some debris will collect.

[​IMG]
    http://www.s100.com/

this product can be bought in many forms: aerosol, bottle w/ or w/o spray head, bars.

it is a "total" cleaner that you spray on, wait, and wash off. no scrubbing involved. mostly safe on all parts.

how i went about mine:
    i bought a giant bottle, knowing i had a spare spray bottle at home i saved a couple bucks. filled it 100% solution and started spraying sections of the bike, front and rear half. waited a couple mins, but not letting it dry. since i don't know where my water spigot was (now i know), i used a garden sprayer pump to wash off the S100. making sure no suds are left behind.

i've done this a couple times so far, happy with the results. once was after riding when the snow was still out. it removes salt very nicely. second time was when there was some road construction going on, it removed most of the asphalt grit. grease spots you'll have to let "soak" for a little while, but you'll need to whip them clear.

my landlord, who rides 2 harleys and another honda cruiser, swears by this stuff. his routine, which i'll be adopting next time:
    1. fill garden sprayer 25% water, 75% S100
    2. go around the bike spraying every little bit, overlapping areas, don't let anything dry! (he said about 5 mins of doing this)
    3. once done, spray down immediately. large amounts of water is key with this product.
    4. blow dry with a leaf blower.

this beats the soap/water & bucket combo any day. this is also good to have on a long road trip if you want to touch up quick.

p.s. - i just took pics, can't justify without proper lighting.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont think I've ever used a hose to wash my bike. I just use honda polish or plexus :o

3. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

Great stuff, but make absolutely sure you get ALL of it off. When you think you've gotten it all off, rinse it twice more. It's corrosive, so any residue will damage your bike.

4. toezter

toezter New Member

TL - i guess you don't ride your bike as much as i do ;)

lux - good point, i didn't know it was a corrosive agent.

5. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

I use plexus on the bodywork and the cheaper motopro on the frame, wheels,
    and other metal parts. works great for me.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Usually 8k+ a year.

7. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

S100 is or was recommended by Scottwax for cars. They have a wax that the detailing forum used to use all the time, I did too, and it's great.

8. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

The S100 wax is pretty much the best stuff ever invented. I will never use anything else, it's amazing, I use it on my bike, my DD, the antique BMW... it's fabulous.

9. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

I suggest using gloves when you're using it as well (I use regular nitrile gloves) because it hurts like hell if it gets on any cuts or irritated skin, even if you leave it on healthy skin too long.