Quick question

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by amill94, May 26, 2007.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I picked up the PC 7336 at lowes in December when it was only $50. I figured I'd use it this weekend to wax my car. I wash and wax regularly...so I don't need to use any agressive pads and cleaners...just want to apply the wax quicker. Anyway, do I need a backing plate, or can I just go out and buy some 6" pads? I haven't taken it out of the box and no absolutely nothing about the PC.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You need a backing plate to attach the pads.

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

The unit came with a white pad with what I'm guessing is a backing plate...it threads into the pc. So basically the backing pad is the threaded part...and aftermarket pads velcro or attach some other way to an aftermarket backing plate? I'm guessing the included pad is garbage. I thought I could get a bonnet to put ontop of the pad that came with the pc. Sorry, but I'm a newb with regards to buffers.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

The included pad is crap. Throw it in the trash. See if there is a local auto paint supply store in your area, they usually carry backing plates.

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I figure I'll just order one online since I need to order pads as well. I'm going to order this Sonus DAS Flexplate.
    http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dasfp-5.html

This will work correct? Then I can use any sonus pads with that plate. I was going to pick up a Sonus' green and blue pads to use.