Quick question regarding cable internet connection..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JeReMy4024, Apr 11, 2005.

1. JeReMy4024

JeReMy4024 New Member

I recently had to do a system restore and obviously when I did it my mediacom internet software wasn't loaded on. The internet still works but seems somewhat slow now... Is there any diffrences from installing the mediacom software back on? Or will it be the same just how it is?

2. loot

loot Lurker

I have shaw but I'm not sure.. do you have all of your internet drivers installed?

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Don't install it. Most cable systems, yours included apparently, don't require any software. Everything you need to connect is built into the OS. At best, installing thier software is a waste of time. At worst, it could install some spyware/borderline spyware, and/or fuck things up. Your speed issue is probably related to the NIC drivers. Like the other guy said, find updates. I've never seen cable company software make any difference in speed.

4. loot

loot Lurker

Yes the Software doesn't do anything... my disk just installs quicktime.... you need to install the drivers. Is your PC custom? I have a Dell and on the disk that came with my computer it has a Network driver I have to install, then yay my internet works