TAT Quick question on labret...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RaBicaN, Mar 2, 2004.

1. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

I was woundering if you get a labret done does the back side rub against ur teeth/gum and damage your gums or enamile or anything like that? Basically what are the health treaths assosiated with them?

thanks!

2. upparoom

upparoom Well-Known Member

I've had mine for about a month and after the swelling went down, I've not had an issues with it rubbing my teeth or anything like that.

they also sell acrylic jewelry in case you have sensitive gums

3. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

proper placment and you shouldnt have to worry about erosion

4. gooter80

gooter80 Guest

mine is in the "proper" positition and still i got some minor rubbing on my gums. so i just got a teflon labret stud. u use your stainless ball/spike and it just screws on to the soft teflon stud. its an awesome alternative imo, if you want i can take a pic of it, out of my mouth if u'd like. let me know.

5. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

generally there are 2 types of backs for labret jewelry. One is a round flat piece of metal, a few of my friends had these and didn't like them. They could feel it rubbing and it became annoying. The other is called a fishtail. It is a long piece of metal, the same size as the piecing that is bend to mold to you gums. So it fits between the lip and gums and rubs less. My friends like these better. Both will probably cause problems a few years down the road, as far as rubbing and irritating that area of the gums, since it is sensitive tissue. but nothing that would be considered a medical problem.

6. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

gooter80 ya could you that would be awesome!:)

how much it cost/where did you get it?

thanks

7. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

if not med problem what prob? sensitive gums or something?

8. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

also what is better fishtail or teflon stuf? :)...

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

its all about what you are comfortable with. i've had a few customers of mine say they dont like the fishtails because they tend to fall out in there sleep, but it may be different to you.

10. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

ah i dont sleep restless i usualy dont move when i sleep...;)
    what do you personaly think feels best/best for your gums?

11. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

I only used the term medical problems, in refernce to your questions of labrets being a health threat. They are not, if your gums are sensitive, they may begin to feel raw and irritated with antyhing there, because the back of the jewelry will rub against of the gums, it's just a matter of how much you willing to let it get to you.

I do agree with Buttons, with the fishtails not having a large back piece than the piercing, they are nore prone to falling out. I hadn't thought about that. Just means be careful with it, and it might make sense to throw something else in while you sleep.

12. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

I have both types - flat back and fishtail.

I prefer the flat back about 11ty billion to one over the fishtail. if you get a short enough stud length between the back and the ball on the front (mine is 3/8) then it fits snug enough that it doesn't rub against your gums or teeth and it's not too short that it is uncomfortable.

13. NickMode

NickMode New Member

Is that ur tat in ur av? is so thats soo awesome.. do u have a bigger pic of it? :x:

14. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

It is actually a henna tattoo that I had done by a friend last Summer and yes, the design is awesome.

I took lots of hi-res pictures so that I cold reproduce it in ink some day. Unfortunately all of those hi-res pics are on a hard drive that is DOA right now and I don't know if they are recoverable. That's the only pic I have of it.

15. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

so you think if i just ask for a 3/8size stud distance it will be good? or get teflon and that ;) haha ...does anyone know a good place in maryland? i know a place thats good but its about 40min drive, im use theirs spots in georgetown but not sure how good...

16. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

They will probably pierce it with at least 1/2" due to swelling. I would wait and see how much room you have there after the swelling goes down, the 3/8" post may be too tight.

17. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

i c...what guage are labrets usually? and also nipple piercing?
    i checkd out this place inkers near me they charge 60 for the labret so thats cool :)
    if i ever remove it does the hole heal up? and will it be a visible hole?

18. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

I got my labret done with 14ga - come to think of it, same as my nipple. I think I paid about that for my labret but I can't really remember.

If you remove your jewelry your hole will heal but you will be left with a small visible scar. It will look like... well, like you have a small hole in your chin.