quick question on digital cameras

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by yankeefan72, Dec 26, 2004.

1. yankeefan72

yankeefan72 Guest

im going to buy i digital camera, and i need to know if u need to by anything in congunction with the camera, such as a memory card?

thnx

2. Lancer409

Lancer409 Member

most likely. camera's usually come with 16/32mb of ram on either a Compact Flash (CF) Secure Digital (SD) or xD card. Depending on your needs, you might want to bump that up significantly. depending on the camera and the battery life and type of batteries it takes, you may need an extra battery as well. possibly a case to keep it from getting scratched up (if you are a neat freak). Also, a case will protect the LCD screen (small color screen) on the back of the camera. the larger the screen, the more you will want a case for it.

3. JwM

JwM Guest

also, whatever you do, if you get a camera that uses AA, spring for the rechargables as generally they will EAT normal AA's.

4. yankeefan72

yankeefan72 Guest

thanx for the help

5. Lancer409

Lancer409 Member

get a memory card, as much as you can afford (ie, 1gb is better than 2 x 512mb) .. you dont wanna have to carry a bunch of cards, and swap 'em out when you're shooting. also, a second battery may come in handy