A&P Quick question. Is there a "standard" panorama size? (plus, a few pics in here)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CornUponCob, Oct 5, 2007.

1. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

I'm processing ~ 1000 pictures taken in Yellowstone and Grand Teton and some shots look best as a panorama (I didn't take any REAL panoramas, I'm just cropping).

I'm wondering if there's a "standard" pano size akin to 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 etc... When I'm done (hopefully by tomorrow evening) I'll post a bunch more. Here are a few from the Bear Tooth Highway. (highest scenic highway in the US) It was the wrong time of day for most of the shots I took, but there was nothing I could do about it. These are just processed in DPP.

Again, these are just the first ~ 150 out of ~1000. The pictures got better as the trip progressed and as I got more proficient at identifying good light, and using my CP filter (which I've had forever, but rarely use)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  2. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

whatever you can get a frame for? :dunno:

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

man I REALLY need to get to yellowstone someday

4. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Actually (IMO) Grand Teton was much prettier than Yellowstone.

Yellowstone just has a bunch of geothermic formations and geysers. Not to say that there aren't some beautiful sections of Yellowstone (Lamar Valley is quite beautiful), and not to say that some of the formations aren't very beautiful (prismatic pools are spectacular), but the way that the Teton mountain range shoots up from the valley is just amazing. Plus the Tetons seem to have more trails and such. I walked the most beautiful 3.3 miles of my life around Jenny Lake at Grand Teton National Park

None of the above pictures were from Yellowstone. I'm less than halfway done processing that section of the trip.

5. mojito

mojito New Member

:cool:

nope, no real standard.

6. Gromer

Gromer Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K!

Yeah, the Tetons are SO much nicer than Yellowstone. Great all year long. Skiing there is badass and the hiking and everything the rest of the year is awesome.