WEB Quick question about directory structure...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by widds2v, Apr 6, 2008.

1. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

It's not really a big deal anymore since I installed OneClick on my wordpress blog so don't have to use FTP much, but this was annoying me.

I FTP into my site with WS_FTP Pro (don't ask, its just what is installed), and up in the path bar on the remote server it says /var/www/html/ which shows me my wordpress installl (like wp-content is under that). All of my plugins are obviously in wp-content.

Now when I SSH into the server, going to /var/www/html I see the same thing, all the wordpress files, I cd to wp-content/plugins, and none of my plugins are there.

Where the fuck are all the plugins at :ugh: This is making it really hard to get wp-cache setup because it keeps saying my advanced-cache.php link doesn't exist because I think it's looking at wherever the ftp program shows all my plugins are, and its making it in the wp-content directory in the stuff i see under ssh.

2. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

Oh I think it has to do with this, a lot of the plugins I try to manipulate in wordpress itself say they dont have write access to

/home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/

Now when i try to cd to that via putty it says it doesn't exist.

3. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

Haha nevermind, I'm retarded. I use a SSH tunnel to get internet and for some reason I was doing all my putty shit over that which isn't even the same domain as my blog... disregard :)