Quick OSX install question......v.swappingharddrives

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ///M, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ///M

///M New Member

A buddy of mine and his girlfriend both have macbooks. His is a first gen Core Duo and her's is an early 08 blackbook.

Her hard drive died, so he is "buying" her a new one, but what he really is doing is reformatting his (his is a newer Seagate, 160gb), installing OSX, and pulling it out and sending it to her (she's in Texas, he's at school up here). He then plans to use the new Seagate 320gb he just bought in his macbook.

Is there any reason that an OSX install on the same hard drive wouldn't work in 2 different computers? :dunno:

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Should be just fine.

3. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (htc touch : Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/546; U; en))

Jesus Christ, I just realized I misused an apostrophe :embd:

4. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (htc touch : Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/546; U; en))

:coold:

5. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

Will work just fine, done similar things before. Your honestly best off either setting up a fresh install... OR.... Taking a disk image of her old drive, then recovering the new drive using that disk image, then she wont loose anything.

6. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

will work just fine. When I went in for a HDD repair, Apple Genius used an external in target disk mode, booted up just fine. Then to double check my drive was bad, he replaced it with another one, booted up just fine.