Quick Mass Effect 2 question (possible spoiler, but not really)

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Boomdart, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

ME2 Question turned to minor discussion of the end

So a good while back I found a planet, did some stuff on it, and was told to get the Reaper IFF.

Well, I hadn't gained loyalty for all my team yet so I told him to wait.

I gained loyalty of everyone, except miranda, that bitch had a problem with jack and I didn't have the paragon to solve the problem at the time, so I lost her loyalty >_< She still has her 4th skill though, but I hated her even in the first one so I don't really care.

The Question

I'm zooming around the galaxy getting %100 on all star clusters and am finding lots of little missions to do, I only have a few left and only two galaxies I haven't fully explored yet, the one with the reeper and one with some infection I have to go fix, which popped up after completing a quest elsewhere.

I'm wondering, should I be doing this? Should I get everything possible done before the reaper IFF part or am I way over doing it?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. Highlander_77

Highlander_77 Wicked smaht

If you want to do all the sidequests and and shit, then yeah, the time to do them is probably before you go get the Reaper IFF, because I believe that triggers the endgame missions. :o

3. ski

ski New Member

You should be doing them now, once you do the reaper IFF it starts a chain that leads to endgame.

4. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Cool, thanks guys.

It's a damn shame that leads to end game though. The whole game was spent making your team loyal before you ship off to your death :o

I've been able to keep my fish alive lately :wiggle: Still can't talk kelly into having a dinner with me and miranda's still pissed :wtc:

5. slowbird

slowbird I am the son, and the heir, of a shyness that is c OT Supporter

you can actually do the little sidequests after the end of the story, assuming you survive of course.

and miranda wasn't in the first game, you might be thinking of ashley.

6. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I think I'm going to have a very lonely feeling when I beat this game.

I might start a new game on ME1 and play ME2 again, I blitzed through ME1 in about 11 hours accidentally doing all the core quests at the wrong time.

I've never enjoyed a space game before, I played KOTOR and it was great but I never took a liking to the star wars universe/anything. Funny thing too, as I have always since I can remember thinking enjoyed learning more about space/the universe/etc.

This game is just so motherfucking epic everywhere you go. You solve every problem in the milky way galaxy, then defeat the ultimate badguy. Ofcourse I can't wait for ME3. It's obvious it'll come out soon, the game talks about importing your data to ME3 and how massively your decisions are going to affect the next one on the loading screens all the time.

7. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Oh, yeah, you're right. I hated ashley, she was a bitch. She was damn good in combat though. I was disappointed I couldn't get her again.

I have one space left on my roster, I'm wondering who I could've got to join :dunno: Wrex didn't wanna go with me, the admiral didn't, ashley turned me down or got killed i dont remember.

I better survive, I've been quite careful in my decisions thus far :o

8. slowbird

slowbird I am the son, and the heir, of a shyness that is c OT Supporter

minor spoiler, the empty slot will be filled after you proceed towards the endgame with a character you haven't met before. :o

9. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Oh that's cool, I sort of assumed that anyway (i was 50/50 on it) but that'll keep me from trying to track down another guy :o

I really wish I could talk miranda into being loyal again

My favorite team is Garrus and Tali, although I like Mordin a lot because he always says good things and is actually quite a capable fighter.

10. Highlander_77

Try Dragon Age: Origins, if you haven't already, when you finish ME2. Another Bioware game. It's medieval fantasy, not sci-fi, but it's equally good.

11. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Yeah I got DA Origins when it came out :o

still haven't finished it, great game though. Just doesn't compel me to play 'till I win like ME does. Any point is a stopping point before the next two hour discussion in DA :o

12. Koltas

Koltas OT Supporter

this

13. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Well....pretty much all my crew was killed, even the doctor in the med lab :wtc:

Does this mean I have no chance at surviving and should start over? I don't have any more missions to do, unless there were some new people I should talk to in one of the towns... Poor joker, having to run to all those decks in his condition...

this game...seriously... how were they able to construct a game to make you feel as though you were right next to the people you're controlling or talking to? I mean, it literally seems as though you are there, you are part of this "game."

Maybe to you guys that stay sober all the time not, but I'm either drunk or :420: when I play games :o

14. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I'm on the last set of missions...all my crew is dead including kelly who was supposed to feed my fish for me :wtc:

Anyway, uh...fuck ing fuck. I forgot what I wanted to ask.

I have the geth thing and garrus helping me through these missions now, I hope they'll be good enough. I also hope miranda doesn't fuck me over. I don't have any save points before her quarrel with jack :wtc:

edit: the one thing I am absolutely the most thrilled about is that I don't have to play on my old ass crt monitor. Thank Cthulu that I got my 22" monitor back from viewsonic before playing.

I swear, after using a crt monitor for a while after being dedicated to an LCD, using a CRT is like having your nads constantly rotated by a droid until you leave the computer. CRT monitors are the suck.

15. Highlander_77

Did you get any of the upgrades for the Normandy installed? The better armor/shielding/weapons/etc? This is probably why all your crew got killed. I'd load an earlier save and get all the upgrades if I were you (you have to scan planets for the necessary materials to perform the upgrades, in case you haven't been doing that already).

16. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

As far as I know I got them all, but I have been wondering if there are more. I've talked to all the ships crew mates and got whatever they can supply.

What I can remember is: Armor upgrade, fuel upgrade, probes upgrade, and uhh... uhm... about three others I just didn't pay attention to. Pretty sure one was a weapon upgrade. Joker says everything has been upgraded and is great, the latest thing is that he's injured his thumb pushing the mute button :rofl:

Sucks spending all that time searching planets for resources, but I'm glad they made it so it's at least enjoyable trying to find them.

Usually I'm cast off by this kind of crap in games but the way this game makes you go about things, I have not once said to myself "oh fuck this shit." It's actually pretty fun and interesting to travel the galaxy looking for the resources you need to upgrade.

I've gotten every single upgrade there is to get as far as I know, I got pretty good at finding good spots on planets for resources. Spend less time finding the optimal spot and move on. Although sometimes I'll keep scanning a "depleted" planet for even more. It seems to lie, there are usually tons of resources found on depleted planets, especially iridium.

17. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I really want my ME2 file to work out, I have not looked back on the choices I made in the first, but I also missed out heavily on exploring the galaxy in the first one. I don't know how this will effect me in 3, but if it's going to be huge I am almost compelled to start over on ME1 again.

18. Highlander_77

Hmm...I haven't gotten to the point you're at yet, so I don't know why all your crew died if you've done the upgrades. I'm guessing there must be some choices to make at that point. I'm gonna have to try and wrap my game up this weekend. Not that I'm in any hurry for it to end, but I have other games I need to get to, and more coming out soon as well. :o

19. Highlander_77

Well, I would guess that most of the minor sidequest type stuff from ME1 won't have much of a carry-over into ME3. They're already going to have to put in different scenarios reflecting choices you made in ME2, so I think trying to factor in everything from ME1 might make it a little too complicated. However, certain major choices from ME1 will almost certainly have an impact (whether you saved Ashley or Kaiden, whether Wrex survived Virmire, whether you saved the Rachni queen or killed her, etc).

20. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Holy shit...

Holy shit...

Holy fucking shit...

I beat the game... I told cerberus to go fuck himself... some things happened and the credits rolled.

What the fuck did I just get myself into? Did I make the wrong decisions? Did it really matter the fuckhead Jacob died? Pretty sure the rest of my team survived despite Miranda not being loyal she was able to keep her entire team alive.

I am awestruck. Absolutely dumbfounded. I don't even know what to say...i sat through the whole credits, trying my hardest not to cry like a baby.

It's not crying like your cat died, it's a different kind of crying... I don't know what to do now...

all I can do is wait for ME3 and hope to christ my choices were good ones. I kind of wish miranda died instead of jacob but whatever, she'll surely die asap in the next one. I never liked jacob from the beginning nor miranda... and jacob's little side story was b.s. I didn't even want to help him.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  21. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Well I won't ruin it for you, but it has nothing to do with how much I upgraded the ship.

22. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I did decide that the game's graphics aren't the best that are out there though, many games such as Risen and Divinity 2 have much much better graphics for little reasons such as swaying grass and trees.

The graphics on ME2 are awesome, for sure, but the environment doesn't live like it does in Risen and Divinity 2 or even Crysis for that matter. Might be a good reason my q6600 w/ 9800gt never felt a hint of lag even at absolute max settings (maxed out more w/ nvidia control panel).

23. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

The only person that died in my ME1 game was Kaiden. I hated losing him, I thought he was pretty cool but when the time came I didn't know my choice was going to end up with him dead. I never used him, he was pretty useless, but regardless I liked him.

24. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Bump, if I don't discuss this I don't know what else to do...

I skipped breakfast and lunch...thinking of making a pack of sausage...

but I am still struck by this game...i have never played a game through all of my half assed hardcore years of gaming that has made me feel this way...

I have gone through many lifetimes playing through one and two... I used to say Chrono Trigger was the best game ever made, and it had no chance whatsoever of ever being surprassed.

This game comes quite damned close, if it does surpass it in other people's eyes it's for a myriad of different reasons than was why Chrono Trigger was a great game.

25. Highlander_77

Well, keep in mind the game was designed to be able to run well on the Xbox 360 as well...