Quick Help...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kcomps, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

I have a Dell PC with Windows XP Home edition and I was wondering if anyone knew a way for me to clean up my computer of music files,video files,pic files, and word documents,programs that I haven't used for a while? I want them to be completely off my computer because it's getting slow..

2. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Delete them.

You can delete "My Documents" folder and pretty much all your word file will be gone (if thats where you saved them, which is default)

Delete "My Pictures" folder too as that is default for picture saving. Same with "My Videos" folder. Same with "My Music" folder.

Why are you asking this? "I want to delete all my pics, movies, videos, word files" "OK, then do it."

Make sure you defrag afterwards.

3. peerk

peerk New Member

You can also do a "start/search" and then specify what type of file to search for and also specify the date last modified.

Even better, in windows explorer/find you can list files by the date on which they were last accessed. To do that you need to add that column to your view by going to "view\choose details" and checking "date accessed". Then there will be a column near name, size, and type called date accessed.

Then you can do a search for all word documents and sort them by the date they were last accessed on by clicking on the date accessed column.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  4. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

You can do the disk cleanup wizard which compresses old files... sort of handy I guess