quick fix for a free sub

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by idontgiveashit, Feb 4, 2003.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

I have an older solobaric roundseriies 12 for free, its a svc. Beat like hell for what it was. MY friend ended up blowin both of em with one of them old ass "100" watt rf amps. It has 8 gauge terminals for speaker so its gotta be more than that. Anyways, one blew a chunk out of the surround, i duno if i can fix that. But the other, sepereated the cone from the tanish thing over the voicecoil where the cone comes down, its only ripped about 1/3 the way areound, so i was wondering if anyone knows of a glue that could hold this together?

2. idontgiveashit

also, does anyone knwo where i can get surrounds, i was thinkin maybe jsut glue another one on top of the old one. Idk theyre free, so might as well try and doctor em up.

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

parts express has glue i think but dont plan on it working for verry long

4. drburke182

drburke182 Guest

fixing those subs.

Speaking from experience(friends and I have re-built many subs) If you know what you are doing, you can fix them with the right glue(epoxy? i think it's called) as far as the surrounds go, good luck putting new ones on. it's a pain to take the old ones off, and to get the woofer cone re-aligned in the basket can be tough(and very important) if it's not re-aligned right, the sub won't hit much!

5. idontgiveashit

i tested them out, they are both blown, no workin for em. So i just ripped off the dustcap to fix some earthqakes that blew one off and i cut the surround off in canse i needa patch one sometime or something ghetto like that. And yes it was a whore gettin it off...expecially since they are the ones that are sewn on too.