quick bf% question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by njftw, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njftw

njftw New Member

Hey guys I have a quick question regarding body fat percentages.

If two people have the same bf%, will their physique look really simliar without regarding muscle mass? I know obviously if one has a lot more body mass then they will look "bigger", but if they were around the same with the same body fat percentage, will their body's look very similar?

Thanks bros

2. Kotu

Kotu OT Supporter

Well I don't completely understand your question... bf% has to do with how much fat you have compared with your total weight. Therefore if they have the same bodyfat at the same weight, they're gonna have as much muscle mass... so i'n not sure what you mean by "without regarding muscle mass"

Depends on a few factors...
    Height is gonna make a huge difference.
    And it depends what people workout... if someone only works out his upper body while the other guy only works out his legs then they're gonna look pretty different.

But... assuming same height, same weight, same %bf and relatively similar workout... yea I would think both are gonna look similar.

3. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

No. Fat distribution varies a lot. Some guys hold fat all over and generally carry it off better. Some people store it ALL on their gut. Some people (particularly women) store it on the hips.

So no, two people with the same body fat % don't look the same.

4. Kotu

Kotu OT Supporter

Good point.

5. njftw

njftw New Member

Yeah thats what I meant. If two people who are the same height, weight and bf% will they look similar? Sorry for not being more specific.

Makes sense, but if all the above are the same will the body look the same? i.e. same height, weight,bf%

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Even if they do the same workouts, genetics determine different rates of muscular development in bodyparts. So even at same height, weight, and bf%, two different folks can look entirely different. Bone structure too can make a significant difference in weight.

7. njftw

njftw New Member

Thanks timber, all of you have pretty much answered my question.

Thanks again. :bigthumb:

8. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

:rly:

jk

[​IMG]

9. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Unfortunately not. Some people need to weight more to have the same size as someone else. Not to mention some people naturally have strong and weak points. Plus, some people are just freaks. How many times do you see a guy with a great physique who barely works out... quite often black guys too - as someone pointed out in another thread he's seen guys who are ripped and are reasonably sized and you ask them if they work out - "yeah, I play ball sometimes" :wtc:

10. njftw

njftw New Member

qft :squint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.