questions on window tint

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by d0rkus, Apr 19, 2006.

1. d0rkus

d0rkus I has a booger. OT Supporter

i just got a new mazda 3 gt hatchback and have some questions to ask you guys about window tints before i go out and do it.

since it's almost summer and i have leather seats, how much should a tint job cost? and what % should i get for the back? it's a hatchback so it'll be all 5 windows, should run me around $200? and i'm also in cali, but i don't want anything that dark because i don't want it to be a problem for me to see when i drive at night
    does that price also include labor?
    i see on their website that they charge $60 hr labor :dunno:

also to get the front windows done for $45 each for "88% clear window film is legal to install on the front Driver and Passenger windows"
    they also have lifetime guarentee on their work
    http://tintpros.com/pricing-payment.html that's their website, i might drop by tomorrow after class to check it out

2. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

I had my windows done in a shop in San Mateo for $100 for all 5 windows @ 35% all around. Night driving is not a problem, the tint on my mom's Highlander is much darker and even then it's not a problem. Don't waste your money on clear film unless you're just worried about blocking uv rays.

3. unwed_transient

unwed_transient Internationally Known and Locally Detested

i got mine done for 180 in socal, so 200 bucks isn't too bad.

i got 35% on the driver and pass. windows and 5% behind the driver. backing up at night is almost impossible.

4. Julez

Julez Active Member

I got mine 5 windows for 150. 35 on front, 5 on back. Took about a year to get pulled over first time, and I just paid the 100 fine, and nothing since. Any darker on the front and you need to have ur finger on the window button in case you see a cop to roll down. I'd say it shouldnt cost you more than 200 and yeah I talked to the cop who pulled me over and he told me that 70% is the darkest you can have on the front and he said his cop car had it and you cant even tell. I couldnt, it just look like clear film, so if you are just getting "legal" don't bother with front. On my other car I'm getting , I'm going 50/20

the 60/hr is if you need to have them remove the tint. I just removed mine by hand. Took 2 days and lots of work but I saved some money.

5. flytojungho

flytojungho ...

question about back window.. can you still use the defroster with it without having bubbles? I didn't have problem on my accord with tint but I didn't use the defroster that much because i was afraid of getting bubbles.

6. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I use rear defroster all the time and I don't have any bubbles

7. DINide

DINide New Member

with a good tint job, you won't get bubbles

8. chefmaurod

chefmaurod OT Supporter

I have 20% all around and it looks perfect

9. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

For $140, I got the rear quarter windows and rear hatch glass done in 5%, my front windows at 20%, and then a 5% banner across the windshield. This was on my Talon.

The 20% seems to be perfect. The 5% is pretty much impossible to see out of at night unless you are just looking for headlights.