Questions on diet/cravings and lifting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by The Roxy, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Roxy

The Roxy New Member

3 weeks a go I stopped eating all sugar, that didn't work. 2 weeks later I went on a a 1500 cal diet from a diet/meal chooser site.Well that worked.

I was wanting to lose around 15pounds(i'm 5'9 165), you know just to be lean because im tired of the little pudge i have on my stomach and so fourth.

I am currently at 159 . So in 1 weeks i've lost 6 pounds on this diet.

Another thing is i have currently have been lifting for 4 months with little results showing but i can lift about 2/5 more all the way around the board when lifting. So i am obvisouly alot stronger, but it doesn't show.What kinds of proteins or anything would help me without gaining little or no weight from it(i don't want to really bulk , just cut, which is hard enough).

another thing is I eat every three hours and i get HORRIBLE CRAVINGS a couple times a day. I won't give in to it ever again, but am i doing something wrong to have these? Do they eventually go away? I used to consume around 2700cals to 3000 every day before this so maybe the transition from calories i used to eat to now is to big????

Also i thought i only needed to lose 6-7 pounds and i still look the same after losing 6. was that waterweight i lost or what?

any advice would be greatly appericated,thanks

2. John Blaze

John Blaze New Member

You need dat whey, fool.

3. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Lots of questions. Many different answers

Read the stickies first.

K, next item. Dropping calories from 3000 to 1500 in one step is of course going to give you cravings. You shouldnt just drop that many at once. You may find it actually slows your metabolism quite a bit. I recommend you start by dropping 500 calories from maintenance to start. Considering you are not overweight, it will be more difficult for you. If you don't see any results, try bumping up the cardio rather than cutting back the calories. Once you find what works, stick with it.

As to your other question, it doesnt show because your size is a product of what you eat mostly. If you are consuming less calories than maintenance, you are going to get smaller. If you eat more than your maintenance, you will get bigger. Simple ey? Its very difficult to drop fat and add muscle at the same time unless you are morbidly obese and bedridden, or have gifted genetics.

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You're 160 lbs and pudgy which means that you're skinny fat. You won't notice much of a difference since there is no muscle to show.

5. The Roxy

The Roxy New Member

People tell me constanlty that im skinny and dont need to lose any weight at all. But i hate toi take off my shirt. I have a little double chin when i lean in(noticable) and like a band of pudge around my waist and a tiny bit of fat on my upper abdominals , barly any on chest though.

Whats the best ways to get rid of that fat? because i dont think it will go away unless i lose another 10 pounds, which i dont want to do, i just want that pudgy out of chin and stomach. Cardio?Situps? Curls? what do you think would be best for losing that? thanks

6. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

START WORKING OUT AND FIGURE IT OUT LATER.

Don't procrastinate just because you don't know if you want to do hypertrophy, bill starr, rippetoes's 5x5, SOB, blah blah.

Buy optimum nutrition (ON) whey protein (online or vitamin shoppe or something). I'd get the chocolate, it's the pretty standard favorite. Go to the gym, get aquainted with what's there and watch people do certain workouts. Do some work on the machines (don't work on freeweights until you have researched how to properly work out with them). Run on the treadmill for a bit, stretch, and just get generally comfortable with the atmosphere.

If you did some workouts on the circuit machine or something then take a scoop of whey in a glass of skim milk and drink it right after.

I can't just say, "ok go in there and do straight leg deadlifts 3x10, wide grip bench press 5x5, bent over row 4x8, and 3x10 bodyweight pullups". You would have no idea where to start or what I am talking about.

Don't skip breakfast in the morning then eat crap at lunch and easy mac after school. You eat eggs, drink milk, have whole wheat toast, and oatmeal in the morning. Skip breakfast? You might die. A few hours later eat again (if you eat pizza you will die). AGAIN, in a few hours another small meal. AND YOU WILL CONTINUE to eat these small meals throughout the day each few hours. You will have less spikes in energy and will not get CRAVINGS for junk food.

You might ask: "Oh shit nga, what's a small meal? Swedish fish and chicken fingers?" No. A turkey sandwich (no mayo) on whole wheat and a piece of fruit. Don't you drink coke or I will smell it on your CUM RIDDEN BREATH. Don't drink your calories, EAT them.

Want to lose the gut? Eat smarter and get on the treadmill . Want to gain a chest? Do benchpresses (BUT READ UP ON HOW TO DO EVERYTHING PROPERLY).

Want that girl from chem class to suck your dick? Work out for 2 years mother fucker and by college you'll have the girls licking your taint.

/thread

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  7. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

:bowdown:

8. kiz

kiz New Member

HIIT or die.

9. The Roxy

The Roxy New Member

2 years?Im not looking to gain a six pack bro, thanks for the advice anyways, i'm gonna buy some whey tonight at gnc.

10. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

No long term dedication? GNC?

Leave F&N

11. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:rofl::rofl:

12. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I can't take these posts seriously anymore. :rofl:

13. Vito_Corleone

Vito_Corleone New Member

14. The Roxy

The Roxy New Member

im almost completely cluesess on how to go about losing weight. I just wanted opinions or help. What a bunch of smug people. Christ you guys act like you have egos on here, one guy has 25000post, my lord, thats sad, how do i take you serious prick?

15. The Roxy

The Roxy New Member

i didnt say that, i said im not dedicating my life to gaining muscle. I'll keep my diet and excerise to stay healthy and lose the weight,thats it, jerk.

16. Elfling

Elfling New Member

So you want advice, but you won't take it from people with high post counts? :mepoke:

Read the stickies. Seriously. Essentially it comes down to: Eat well, protein is good, junk is bad. Lift heavy weights. Do cardio if you need it. Rinse and repeat.

17. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I gave you a COMPLETELY serious response with some humor infused and you're calling me a jerk?

I'm trying to help you and get you motivated. If you followed everything I said you'd call me your Messiah in a few months. After that you can develop your own plan.

Dedicate your life to gaining muscle? Is this a joke? Eating healthy and hitting the gym for like 4 hours a week is just fine, and is hardly some HUGE lifestyle change. You'll have more respect for yourself in the end. Believe me.

Don't blame me that you are out of shape. I gave you some solid advice there.

18. Spaulding Smails

Spaulding Smails Real Estate Guru

my advice on someone who was somewhat in your position is not to worry about dieting (although eat healthy) but to concentrate on strength training. What you want to do is increase your strength, and that will increase your metabolism, you can eat more, and still lose fat while maintaining some definition.

Lift 3 days a week (~1 hour) and do an hour of cardio a couple of times a week. If you keep this regiment, you'll get to where you want to be in a few months...

Then you'll realize you want to take it a little further...

19. Spaulding Smails

Spaulding Smails Real Estate Guru

i don't think you get it, and your lack of understanding on muscle growth, metabolism and losing weight seems way off...

You actually sound like a girl

20. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Average girl wouldn't even consider lifting :mamoru:

21. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I guess then you are just below average.

22. The Method

The Method Lurker In Progress

The guy gave you all the basics you need to start a successful body transformation to the goal you said you wanted to achieve.

He was also funny.

Don't be so bitch hurt.

23. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

have some healthy fat if you're having cravings. a tablespoon of natural peanut butter should make you feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.