Questions for Macs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LooneyTuned, Nov 4, 2006.

1. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

Hey guys, im loving my new MBP, its awesome!

i do have a few questions, though.

first, i transferred all my data to my mbp. My pictures are what i have a question about. I have all my pictures in seperate folders (usually certain events etc..) so i know when it was and when it was in windows it was arranged by date created.

Well when i transferred it over, It shows date modified, all the same day (november 3rd..) which doesnt help me any cause know i dont know what event came first. I added the date created bar, but it is just blank! doesnt do anything. If i check the properties of a single picture it shows the exact date created/taken, but that would mean every picture would have to be out of its folder in order to re-arrange by date taken. Anyone know what i can do?

Also is there a way i can go through my pictures without having to click each one. (like a next button to see the next pic or something of that use?)

Alright there are my picture questions Thanks!

2. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

versiontracker.com
    look up Xee

it's a photoviewer, just change the associations of the pictures from preview to Xee, double click a picture in a folder then you can just hit next to see them all.

3. Apothis

Apothis New Member

Your pics should have EXIF data in them if they came from a digital cam. From your description, it sounds like this is the case. EXIF contains all kinds of useful info, including date and time they were taken. With that info, OSX has several options to organize pics, such as iphoto, and smart folders.

If you go into a folder and select-all (or however many pics you want), then double-click on one, you open all selected pics at once in Preview. There, you can browse through them easily. You can also display them as a slideshow.

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

about the photos showing up by date, the best thing I can suggest is renaming the folders with the date on them.

5. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

You better believe there is!
    there are a couple ways to do this, experiment all and choose w.e. you like best..

On the top choose view> view as icons (in the folder), than go to view>view options> click display icon preview... and now your icon will be the actual picture! :)

OR

On the top choose view>view as list and than when you click on picture, on the right side there should be another dialogue box that says preview, click on the little arrow to show a preview (the picture)...:)

OR

press "apple-a" to select all your pictures, right click and press slideshow... bam now you can view them as an index or view a slideshow, there are a couple options in there... :)

continue to enjoy experiencing the mac osx process :)