Questions for DELL owners- upgrades??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by YoungMontana, Jan 10, 2005.

1. YoungMontana

YoungMontana New Member

are they easily upgradable?

i broke my DVD drive and want to get a new one....while im at it i wanna add some more ram-

do i have to use the DELL products or can i order from somewhere like ebay and get better deals-

i know i technically CAN but what i wanna know is will the comp give me more trouble for not using oem dell parts.....

any recommend a good DVD ROM drive -

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I imagine you have a desktop machine?

Yes, you can get more RAM if you want and replace or add another DVD drive.

If the machine is still under warranty, you should be able to get a new DVD drive on them.

Check out crucial.com for RAM.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

as cmsurfer said, upgrading a desktop is easy. They're warranty is sometimes a pain, but if it's under warranty, then why pay for it? yeah?

If it's not under warranty, go to www.newegg.com and buy a Lite-On drive if you want a CD-RW or DVD-ROM. If you want a DVD+/-RW then get either the Pioneer 108 or the NEC 3500A.

Corsair is the only way to go for ram.

4. MrMan

MrMan New Member

You will not experience any more or less trouble whether you use Dell OEM parts or buying retail for a desktop. If this is a laptop, then buy from Dell, as there would be compatibility issues because laptops uses more proprietary parts than standard specifications.