Questions before I buy a new TV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BiggDoggUNC, Aug 10, 2002.

1. BiggDoggUNC

BiggDoggUNC Show me a good loser... and I'll show you a loser.

I'm seriously considering buying a Mitsubishi WS-55859 HDTV Widescreen TV: I read about the options and like it them pretty well. Especially about this fire-wire compatible option. (basically running one wire from componenet to component that ends up at your TV and then your TV distinguishes all items tapped into the fire-wire) Went to the store to take a look with my own eyes... looks awesome. They didn't have the sound up, but have heard the speakers are adequate (not great/not horrible)

Does anyone else have any suggestions for TV similar in size/options/price that I've missed?

They are selling for $3,039.99 (plus tax, plus delivery/setup $29.99)

Mitsubishi WS-55859

2. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball I hate you, Milkman Dan

That is a sweet-ass TV. There aren't TOO many TV's on the market with 1394/Firewire support so there's not too many choices if that's what you want. More sets will come out with 1394 in the future though, since most set top boxes are moving to that format.

I can't give you any other specific televisions to check out (never looked at those sets because they are WAY out of my price range) but you might find some good info on AVS Forums

3. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

unless they are in your state they cant charge tax

its worth a shot to get a local misti dealer to come close to that price i wouldnt buy something worth that much online plus so much can go wrong during shipping.. All of the lights inside could get out of whack and youd have to pay someone to recalibrate them which is NOT cheap.. dont confuse calibration with what they do when they hook up the tv.. two HUGE differences.. but the tv is great buy it :)