TAT Questions about tongue rings

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NonpointGirl, Feb 27, 2005.

1. NonpointGirl

NonpointGirl Guest

I am interested in getting my tongue pierced but I have a few questions about it first. (I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, so don't worry, I won't be annoying and ask if it hurts! :big grin:)

Will it "always" close back up? What I mean is: if I have it pierced for say, 6 years, and then take it out, will it close back up? If so, how long can I leave it out before it would close.

Also- can anyone share their experiences with getting their tongue pierced. What was it like eating at first (did you have to wait to eat?)

Thanks for any advice and or tips!
    Jaci

2. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

My tounge is still pierced so I'm not sure whether it will close back up or not. But for a few days when I got it pierced I lived off of cold stuff like, slurpee's and ice. It made it feel a lot better. It took me a long time before I ate food again because I was scared of bitting it or getting food in the hole. When I first ate again I ate really slowly. Just make sure you clean it really well whenever you decide to eat solid food again. Good luck!!

3. Geliebter Vampir

Geliebter Vampir New Member

about closing back up yes it can close back up but the it a matter of time .. .. i have had mine for about a year and a half and i can take it out for like a week before i have trouble putting it back in .. .. but i do remember that after i go it dont i was on a cold food diet for like a week; i ate apple sauce for like a week.

4. Evil Unicorn

Evil Unicorn Lurk but Don't Touch

I got mine done when I turned 18.. I took it out when I went in the hospital to have my daughter (at 20), It friggin closed up so quickly, I mean within about a week, I had to go have it redone like a month later.

Eating that day and a few days after is fun.. lol. I pretty much lived off Mashed Potatoes and Ice Cream. And under my tongue was sore for a few days also. But Motrin helped.

5. brujito

brujito New Member

Also, ice and cold water, even if your not drinking it, helps keep the swelling down. And hope your hole doesn't rip. God, that hurt with a vengence and it took even longer for it to heal. As far as closing, the more you alternate between it being in and out of you the longer you can keep the barbell out. I have a friend that has kept it out for 2+ months.

6. mistylou

mistylou New Member

I take mine out for a few hours at a time every now and then and have no problems getting it back in. But, I lived off of chicken broth, icee's, mashed potatoes, and oatmeal when I first got mine. After a few days, you get used to it but I think I talked with a lisp for about 2 weeks LOL!

7. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

I've never had mine out for more than a few minutes, so i dunno how long it'd take for mine to close up.

I know a girl who's had hers out for months, and she can still slip the barbell in no prob.

8. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i got strep throat right around the time i got it pierced, so i had a liquid diet for about 5 days anyways :)

The day of piercing i ate 2 cheeseburgers from mcd's with no problem, just gotta focus on keeping your tongue in the middle of your mouth and not all over the place

9. fearandloathinginGA

fearandloathinginGA I love the little tacos. I love them good!

I've had mine done twice and the first time I had it in for about three months and I am going on nine months now. I took it out for a day and I had to almost repierce it myself. I had to forcefully insert the barbell. I ate normal food the day I got it pierced and only cracked one tooth. You feel no pain when it is done and ice is the best for it!:bigthumb:

10. sweet jesus!!!

sweet jesus!!! Active Member

got mine done and ate normal food everyday.
    The one thing though, I couldent talk for shit.
    I made the mistake of going into work 2 days later.

Ask the piercer for acrylic ends so you don't chip or wear out any enamel.