MIL Questions about the Air Force

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jung918, Nov 12, 2005.

1. jung918

jung918 Member

I am currently active duty and I will be getting out in acouple of months. I was thinking about checking out the Air Force. Of course I want to be an Officer this time. Can I get in with an AA or do I need a BA? How is the Basic Officer Training? What is the physical requirements for the officers? Please share all info.

2. Fittsjr

Fittsjr New Member

You need a BA for O ranks....

Physical req's are the same as the rest of the AF. Low by other branches standards. but they are getting closer atleast.

Here is the chart www.af.mil/news/USAF_Fitness_Charts.pdf

70 is the ABSLUTE min 75 is baseline

3. jung918

jung918 Member

thats kindof wierd how they measure your waist size. The physical fitness part doesn't really seem all that difficult. How often do you goes pt as a unit?

4. Fittsjr

Fittsjr New Member

Well, That really depends on your job..... I have Never attended a Sqd PT session due to my work schedule.

But the standing rule right now is 3 times a week, but that is different for ever base. So there really is no standard on that

There is a rule with the waist measurment that can used also, although its really not advertised. If your BMI (body mass index) is 20 or below you get max waist measure points. google can help you find a BMI check though