A&P Questions About Slides

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MissJenn, Feb 3, 2007.

1. MissJenn

MissJenn New Member

Im not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question:

my father has slides of when he was a child from his dad's military career and his own childhood memories. is there any way that they could be made into pictures or even put on a CD? we've tried asking the folks at places like National Camera Exchange and no one seems to have any ideas.

Id love to have something put together for him as a birthday present :x:

2. mojito

mojito New Member

yes

you can rent/buy a scanner with a slide attachment, or a dedicated slide scanner.

they can also be taken and printed directly.

costco even does it.

3. MissJenn

MissJenn New Member

REALLY!? damn...thats an easy solution. how much would one of those scanners run? and where could i get one...

4. mojito

mojito New Member

you can buy a crappy one for 100-150. You could get all the slide together, buy a high end one, use it return it (not that I'm for that or anything:o)

if theres a pro photo store in your area that rents them, its like $50 a weekend

costco is like .20 a slide to be put on a cd.

not the best, but its the fastest and easiet, and since it sounds like the slides are quite dated, quality isn't as big of an issue. There color wasn't perfect for me, but I'm dealing with extremely vibrant slide film, which is the whole point in using it these days.

5. MissJenn

MissJenn New Member

i know hes got TONSSSS of slides, youre suggesting just rent one? i spose that might be cheaper than bringing it to costco or whatever in the end?

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

if he has more than probably about 200 slides, the rental would be worth it cost wise.

.20 * 250 = $50 although the rental doesn't include materials i'm sure, that's why i said like 200.

7. MissJenn

MissJenn New Member

fantastic! thank you SO much! ive been looking for some place to do this for months!!! youre the best!

:love: