Questions about my new HDTV...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IceMurder, Dec 28, 2006.

1. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

2. badguy106

badguy106 Location:Tn

HD from your provider.

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

You can try turning on your noise reduction settings on the tv. Other than that, your best bet is to get some sort of signal amplifier or you can run a new line from your distribution box.

4. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

well the problem there is that i live with my parents, and they dont really want to get HD...so until i move out i guess im kinda screwed there haha

5. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

yea i tried the noise reduction and it didn't do anything, im going to try to find a signal amplifier and try that, thanks alot :)

6. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

Do you have a cable box hooked up to it or are you are letting the TV do the cable decoding?? Cable looked OK on my 52 inch Sony running thru the cable box and using a high quality Svideo cable between the box and TV. I didn't have an HD Cable option in my area so we switched to Dish and used component and DVI/HDMI after that. You shouldn't see much blocking on a 32.

7. badguy106

If you have directv, they will change you over to hd for no charge, and you just pay the extra $9. a month for the hd package. Your folks can keep their original equip, and everyones happy.

8. NeonImpact

NeonImpact New Member

lemme know if and where you may find one.. :x:

9. NeonImpact

NeonImpact New Member

this is what I do, but for comcast. :bigthumb:

10. badguy106

how is comcast's hd package? directv has 9 hd channels in their package, with the 2 or 3 local stations that have some hd programs. wish there were more.

11. Toyman321

Toyman321 New Member

short of upgrading to HD service their really isnt anything you can do. this is been a problem with HD sets, your image on a standard signal will always be worse than with a regular resolution TV.

12. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

Well, i figured out the problem. I had a really old coax cable and it was running from the wall to a vcr that i have (dont know why) and the vcr is probably at least 10 years old then the coax ran to my tv. I bought a Phillips shielded coax cable and ran it from the wall to my tv and that improved my signal 100 times, its as close to perfect as it can get now, which isnt too bad at all. and i have regular cable by the way, no satellite or anything.

I also tried to different signal amplifiers, the 40$ one from walmart and the 40$ one from radio shack, and noticed no difference in my signal with either of them.

thanks for all the help!

13. Sirkraker

Sirkraker New Member

if you have digital cable from comcast and have a cable box you get HD for free

14. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

Hey, looks like that TV has an OTA HD tuner, so grab yourslef an antenna and see if you can't pick your locals in HD