Questions about Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Lateralus, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

How easy is it to use? If my car is somewhat exposed to the sun while it's drying is it going to leave spots? I work at Pep Boys and NOBODY is buying it, we've had it in our store for almost two months now and we've sold maybe two the entire time. I get a 20% discount because I work there so I can get it pretty cheap, so I've been wanting to pick it up, thoughts?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

The general concensus on Autopia is that it works better than expected. Not 100% perfect spot free, but good enough that if you are drying it off with towels, you don't really end up with spotting if you can't get to every panel before they air dry.

3. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

I'm not impressed with the filtered water output - seems to me like you gotta hold the thing like one inch off the car to do anything.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Why's it matter? You're only using the filtered water to rinse. You don't need to blast anything off the paint or anything like that.

5. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

I like to be able to stand 6' away in the shade with a beer and rinse the whole car off :bigthumb:

6. solid snake

solid snake New Member

was this the only thread about the mr clean autodry? Think I might pick one up this week...
    I remember there being some people worried about whether or not it used chemicals or not.

7. parthos

parthos Mr Topic Killer

I've used it, and it works well. I don't use their soap though, but, I have not had any problems with meguires soap in it.

8. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

It maybe the price thats preventing people from buying them, at the local parts store they have them for $26+/-. The Walmart 2 blocks away has them for $14+/-. I bought one at the parts store to only return it an hour later after finding it at Walmart for almost half the price...