TAT questions about industrial

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by pir8penguin, Jan 9, 2004.

1. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

i know this is pretty common of late, but it's a piercing that appeals to me. i'm not a huge piercer, i've just got both of my ears pierced in the typical place (which seems to be somewhat less common among guys around here). so i was thinking about getting my industrial done.

i'm wondering is it one of those piercings that you can guage up after a while pretty easy, or should you start about the size you want it. i've only seen this done w/a straight or curved barbell...are there any other styles that would work well?

thanks for the input. i know i'm not a typical body modder; i just do what i like.

**edit: pics of your own industrial would be sweet too

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2004
  2. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

Industrials are pretty common among everyone. I would say girls more than guys. My dad, @ age 50, had 2 of them. You really wont be able to guage it up. Cartledge and stretching in your upper ear is not good. I would stick with 14g barbell and you should be all good.

Check this link out, http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/ind001.html , it has a few pics you can look at and see what you like. Or just sit down with a piercer and tell him/her what you like.

3. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

you can stretch cartilage but it is not fun at all, very painfull and you cant stretch it the normal way, you have to go extremely slow, and use odd size gauges.. but if you want just a helix industrial (upper ear rim cartilage) best bet is to just go with a 14 and stick with it

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

http://members.aol.com/jedililith/images/earpiercings04.jpg
    http://members.aol.com/jedililith/images/earpiercings03.jpg

there's mine. Had it done May 2002. Healing it was a bitch, It scarred badly but since I'm stubborn and want to keep my industrial, I'm not giving up. For me my ear cartilage piercings have all been a pain in the ass to heal, My left ear apparently likes to keloid scar. When you do get it, be good to it. No going to a concert a week later and having the shit knocked out of it in a pit, have a bar that is long enough for cleaning and swelling and get an experienced piercer ( all things that went wrong with this one).

Good luck.

5. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

thanks a ton guys. yeah nickos, i want it in the upper cartiledge. i'm kinda hoping for a curved barbell as i've seen it only one other time, and it looks like it would put less stress sideways on the holes.

PE, MUCH appreciative of the tips. i'll do all of the above, even if i can't have my sweet ass curve at first. the guy who's doing mine works at the BEST shop around here. did my roomate's cartiledge, and works at the same shop that did his tattoo.

only got two worries now: winter hats, and keeping myself from getting a tattoo at the same time.

6. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

I have 2. One in both ears...both were straight barbells until my piercer curved them to fit the rim of my ear.

http://atomictattoos.com/staff/piercers/stan/40.html
    (That is my left ear right after it was done.)

I would SO not reccomend stretching it, OMG, would that hurt, IMO. Mine is a 14Ga.

7. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:wavey: the hats... BIG :nono: till it's healed. those little winter caps pressing in on your ear would be annoying.

be safe, and do what you like ! :)

8. NickMode

NickMode New Member

Ive heard poeple who had industrial piercing.. They would pierce with 2 CBR's first, let them heal then put in the barbell.. I know it would heal easier and if u had a barbell in while its healing its prob a big pain in the ass...

Yea i was looking at this piercing and ive read bad stuff how it hurts and the healing time is horrible.. so i was suggested 2 CBR;s first, and let them heal, then put the barbell in..

This is just my opinion..

9. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

turns out it's not made for my ear...he'd have to curve the bar to fit it, and the upper ball would be in my hair. i looked at other stuff, and i ended up getting a single hole in my helix, and i'm going to get a kick ass ring to go in it when it heals.