Questions about "EDT for fat loss" routine

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MaineSucks, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

found it on T-Mag via one of christophers' stickies.

I understand the basic idea of the routine.

Core Lift for the day, Circut, and the 3 PR zones.

Question on the circut:
    how many sets are you supposed to do of the circut or of the exercises in the circut?

Question on the PR Zones
    are you supposed to superset each exercise? i dont know why i'm finding this so confusing. but. how many sets are you supposed to do? how do you alternate? if someone could put this in laymans terms it would be awesome.

example of the PR zone:
    First PR Zone (15 Minutes)

1 (Hamstrings): GHR

2 (Lats): Pulldowns

this is from the write up:

Each workout in this cycle consists of (3) PR Zones of 15-minutes duration separated by a short (5-minute) rest periods. In each PR Zone, you'll generally perform two exercises, for a total of 3-4 exercises per workout.

• In each PR Zone, you'll typically perform two antagonistic exercises in alternating fashion, back and forth, using the same weight for all sets, until the PR Zone has elapsed.

• After warming up the first exercise(s), select a load that approximates a 10 RM for each exercise. Ideally, the weight used for each exercise should be equally difficult.

• Sets/Reps/Rest Intervals: This is where EDT is truly unique. Most people will find it most productive to do higher repetition (but not maximal effort) sets and shorter rests at the beginning, and then gradually progress to fewer reps per set and longer rest intervals as fatigue accumulates. As an example, you might begin by performing sets of 5 with very short (10-15 second) rests. As you begin to fatigue, you'll increase your rest intervals as you drop down to sets of 4, then 2, and as the time limit approaches, you might crank out a few singles in an effort of accomplish as many repetitions as possible in the time allotted.

NOTE: Do not perform early sets to failure, or even near failure. My recommended starting point is to do 1/2 of what is possible (e.g., 5 reps with a 10RM weight) at the beginning of the time frame. As the time limit approaches however, you'll find yourself working at or near failure as you attempt to break your rep record.

• Progression: Each time you repeat the workout; your objective is to simply perform more total repetitions in the same time frame. As soon as you can increase the total number of reps by 20 percent or more, start the next workout with 5 percent more weight and start over. Similarly, if you manage to improve upon your last performance (for the same workout) by 40 percent, then you'll increase your weights by 10 percent on the next workout.

I know this is kind of chopped up, but any help would be appreciated. :x:

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.