GUN questions about body armor

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by flyingoufer, Oct 23, 2003.

1. flyingoufer

flyingoufer Guest

is there certain vests (talkin about concealed) that are prohibited in california? i was thinking about buying off of ebay but i remeber hearing somewhere that civilians arent allowed to wear body armor that is worn under clothes or concealed. i also remeber hearing somethin like civilians arent even aloowed to buy anythingl ike that? is it true or is there voices in my head?

2. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Here is a link that may help you out http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12360.htm it's all legal speak so you have to interpret it lol. I have seen on a few of the manufacturers sites that it is illegal to posess in California though.

3. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

from what i read, the first 2/3 of it deals with regulations regarding the manufacture, testing and purcahse to state peace officers, blah, blah, blah....

what would pertain to you as a civilian (i assume) is sec. 12370. what it basically says is that if you have been convicted of a violent felony, you are commiting a felony by owning, possesing or using body armor in commision of a crime. if you have been convicted of a violent felony, but needs body armor for your livelihood, etc., you can petition for relief from that prohibition.

4. sushibug

sushibug :happysad:

i was at a gun show a week or two ago and the vest dealer said civilians couldnt buy a certain higher level armor. dunno if thats credible or not.